Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: O'Rourke dinged for saying 'nothing more American' than kneeling during anthem

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fchafey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    TV Evangelist. Every time I see one it reminds me of this priceless rendition of Wild Thing by the late Sam Kinison....
    I find it most puzzling how any sane person with a sense of decency and morals could watch or listen to such trash. Satanic at best.
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I find it most puzzling how any sane person with a sense of decency and morals could watch or listen to such trash. Satanic at best.
    They prey on the infirm - infirm of mind or infirm of body. One of my grandmothers sent Oral Roberts almost all of her life savings in 1960, and died of bone cancer, anyway. She would scream in pain, and was out of her mind. Pity my mother never caught on until after she passed.

Of course, with the new "prosperity gospel" preachers, everyone gets a Lexus or some such ####.

Post Thanks / Like
    The woman in the video is Jim Bakker's secretary, Jessica Hahn.
    "I hit the ball as hard as I can. If I can find it, I hit it again" John Daly

Post Thanks / Like
    The latest one who is getting a lot of scrutiny, and seems to be on target to be the next big money televangelist is Joel Osteen.

Most people who study the word see through him quickly for what he is. Hope he enjoys his minute in the spotlight and cars and such while he can. It is a pretty common thing to hear church members chuckling whenever his name is mentioned. Most believers simply move on to more serious talk.
    We have met the enemy and he is us... POGO

5. Thanks CenTexDave, Night Owl thanked this post
    Likes Mestral liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    The latest one who is getting a lot of scrutiny, and seems to be on target to be the next big money televangelist is Joel Osteen.

Most people who study the word see through him quickly for what he is. Hope he enjoys his minute in the spotlight and cars and such while he can. It is a pretty common thing to hear church members chuckling whenever his name is mentioned. Most believers simply move on to more serious talk.
    As our Lord said, "They have received their reward." In other words, they ought not to look to see heaven in the future.
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    As our Lord said, "They have received their reward." In other words, they ought not to look to see heaven in the future.
    Actually, when He said that, He was talking about a lessor evil than these.
    He was talking about those who give, and give publicly, to look good.

This comes under the parable of the wheat and the tares (weeds). My grandfather was a wheat farmer, and there was a kind of weed that looked like wheat from a distance, but the head had no grain in it. We called it "cheat." The Lord said:
    30 Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn.”

This applies to guys like O'Rourke, Obama, Olsteen, and Ilhan Omar.
    They promote a False Gospel.
    I don't mind being called far right.
    I have been right so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mestral View Post

This applies to guys like O'Rourke, Obama, Olsteen, and Ilhan Omar.
    They promote a False Gospel.
    And their last names all begin with the letter O
    Just an observation

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kantwin View Post
    And their last names all begin with the letter “O”
    Just an observation
    That was intentional, and BTW, observation begins with an O
    I don't mind being called far right.
    I have been right so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, my wife and I used to watch a number of TV evangelists years ago. I used to really like the old Ben Haden show. There was no sales pitches or appeals for money. Just talking the gospel.

Oral Roberts was on TV many many moons ago, and it looked like a circus side show to me. But a lot of old timers swore by him. And, I am also a fan of Billy Graham. There is usually a pretty strong sense about the motivations of television preachers and their agendas. A good rule of thumb I always used that was taught to me years ago is that if the preacher doesn't talk about the gospel, you need to turn the channel. Most believers who have a little knowledge of the bible have a sense about the real thing.
    We have met the enemy and he is us... POGO

11. Likes Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    A good rule of thumb I always used that was taught to me years ago is that if the preacher doesn't talk about the gospel, you need to turn the channel.
    or if he has a big sign or chart behind him that tells what happened and when and what's gonna happen next and win......that he understands prophecy and will explain it all of us sluggards......mac

13. Thanks Night Owl thanked this post
    LOL Mestral LOL'd at this post
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9