Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Knee Not the Only Problem

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ... to say that they were "disadvantaged" or somehow "victims of a one-sided injustice" is the height of absurdity......mac
    We are in total agreement on this point. Even the brightest among us make absurd comments from time to time.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

2. Thanks CenTexDave thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hate "deadbeat dads". As the children of two lousy parents, things could have gone south for all 4 of us kids, but we all decided that we weren't having it. We raised each other. My uncle used to wonder that my brother and I didn't end up in prison, with the way we were raised and abused. I simply told him that we decided that we were going to end up better than we were raised. I had a lot of role models that I looked to - coaches, teachers, and other friends' parents. I was told it was my choice. It is always a matter of choice. I made plenty of mistakes that other boys who were "raised right" might not have made, but most were of the self destructive, rather than antisocial, type.

When I grew up, society had expectations, and you either lived up to them, or you didn't. There were no excuses. Was it hard? Yes. Had I not chosen the role models I did, I may have ended up on the wrong side of the law. I would hope that all Christian fathers would be willing to set an example for kids at risk. Sometimes, all it takes is a little hope that you don't get at home. Sometimes, it just takes someone you look up to to tell you that you are a child of God, and that the world is yours, that you are not a piece of #### to be kicked to the curb, and then show the way. That gives kids real choice.
    Last edited by txswimmer; August 20th, 2018 at 10:55 AM.

4. Likes CenTexDave, fchafey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You should be proud of your accomplishments...
    The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook.

6. Thanks txswimmer thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    You should be proud of your accomplishments...
    I am very grateful, not proud. I have an Awesome God, who has the Coolest Son! And a family I wouldn't trade for the world!

8. Likes Ricky, fchafey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cheech and Chong... "You have children?" Jesus says "I have children everywhere" TSA agent says "Oh, you a rock and roll star"....

Now it is professional athlete. Or another term my wife uses... Sausage jockeys.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

10. LOL fchafey, CenTexDave, Night Owl LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Why is it that you will never blame the athlete for anything? This post shows that you blame the women and not the abject scum of an athlete. Ya, the women are at fault for not having any standards either. Who would have told the third woman? The selfish thug? Ha!

As for the protest, what have these crybabies done other than showboat for the phony cause? I have yet to see one go to the streets of Chicago and kneel or hold a fist in the air. Not one. Have you?
    It takes two to tango Rick, I can't speak for you or them only ponder at what it must be like to have a large group of women chasing after me. I have experienced it on a much much smaller level in college. Any woman dating a professional athlete should always be watching their 6, period.

12. LOL Night Owl LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by onetime View Post
    It takes two to tango Rick, I can't speak for you or them only ponder at what it must be like to have a large group of women chasing after me. I have experienced it on a much much smaller level in college. Any woman dating a professional athlete should always be watching their 6, period.
    So it's always the woman's fault and the woman must watch their 6? Where or when does the athlete's responsibility begin? From your posts it seems it's always the woman's fault. I am sure those male athletes aren't chasing skirts but are just going about their daily lives and not chasing a skirt. That may be the lie you want to believe but you know better.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, it is onetime after all... Go figure. No athlete can do wrong.

The point should be responsibility. On part of both involved with the act of procreation. When it becomes recreation, it has a tendency to go south for both parties.

With all of the birth control aids on the market, nobody should have to face these sorts of dilemmas. If they do, it is willingly.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

15. Thanks Night Owl thanked this post
    Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The best birth control is the Aspirin. Place one between the woman's knees and have her hold it there.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

17. LOL Ricky, CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    Well, it is onetime after all... Go figure. No athlete can do wrong.

The point should be responsibility. On part of both involved with the act of procreation. When it becomes recreation, it has a tendency to go south for both parties.

With all of the birth control aids on the market, nobody should have to face these sorts of dilemmas. If they do, it is willingly.
    I’m not disputing that but less than 1 percent of professional athletes are tangled up in stuff like this. The population at large is likely larger much larger. I’m assuming that you guys have no experience with dating and scooped up the first hs senior you could grab at your first duty station way back when. I guess times were different then, a 23 year old dating a senior in hs was probably the rage. Anywho, it’s not really a matter of blame more so common sense. If I walk in a bad area then common sense should tell me there’s a higher chance of viewing or being on the wrong end of a crime. Do I blame the guy that committed the crime, of course but at the same time what the hell am I doing there in the first place if it’s not a necessity. Same goes with anyone not just women dating anyone in entertainment.

19. LOL Night Owl, sojourner truth, CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast