Thread: Brian France taking indefinite leave of absence from NASCAR following arrest

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Brian France taking indefinite leave of absence from NASCAR following arrest

Guess ol' Bill France has seen the ratings as well.....Arrested for DWI and possession of OXY.....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mot...cid=spartanntp
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

2. Likes TheOldProgrammer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fchafey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Guess ol' Bill France has seen the ratings as well.....Arrested for DWI and possession of OXY.....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mot...cid=spartanntp
    and fired a few moments ago.......new meaning to "fast justice".........mac

Post Thanks / Like
    Was he fired or did he take a leave of absence?
    The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook.

Post Thanks / Like
    From the Orlando Sentinel...

“I apologize to our fans, our industry and my family for the impact of my actions last night,” France said in the statement released Monday. “Effective immediately, I will be taking an indefinite leave of absence from my position to focus on my personal affairs.”
    The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ricky, I fixed the quote.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From the Orlando Sentinel...

“I apologize to our fans, because I got caught, our industry, because now what are they going to do, and my family for the impact of my actions last night, because now I am out of a boatload of money and unemployable” France said in the statement released Monday. “Effective immediately, I will be taking an indefinite leave of absence from my position to focus on my personal affairs.”
    People thought Coke was bad, I guess Oxy just makes you numb to the world.
    Last edited by fchafey; August 6th, 2018 at 7:49 PM.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

7. Likes Ricky, Night Owl liked this post
    LOL Ricky, Night Owl LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Brian France taking indefinite leave of absence from NASCAR following arrest

UPDATE: Statement from Brian France: "I apologize to our fans, our industry and my family for the impact of my actions last night. Effective immediately, I will be taking an indefinite leave of absence from my position to focus on my personal affairs."

Statement from NASCAR: "Brian France has taken an indefinite leave of absence from NASCAR as chairman and chief executive officer. Effective immediately, NASCAR Vice Chairman and Executive Vice President Jim France has assumed the role of interim chairman and chief executive officer."

Original information: NASCAR CEO and chairman Brian France was arrested on charges of aggravated driving while intoxicated and criminal possession of a controlled substance, according to a Sag Harbor Village (New York) Police Department news release.

According to the news release, France was arrested at 7:30 p.m. Sunday, held overnight and arraigned Monday morning at the Sag Harbor Village Justice Court, where he was released on his own recognizance.

"Mr. France was observed operating a 2017 Lexus northbound on Main Street failing to stop at a duly posted stop sign," the news release said. "Upon traffic stop, it was determined that Mr. France was operating said vehicle in an intoxicated condition.

No other information was immediately available. TMZ first reported the arrest of France in the Hamptons.

Under NASCAR's substance abuse policy, Brian France could be suspended and required to go through a recovery program, or he could be subjected to drug testing.

--- ESPN.com

"You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be." -- Albus Dumbledore...

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down NASCAR CEO France should make his leave of absence permanent

Josh Peter - USA TODAY SPORTS - Monday, 6 August, 2018

Brian France pulled over and let someone else take the wheel for a while Monday. Now, NASCAR must make the move permanent.
    France is in as good a condition to be running NASCAR as he was to be driving a car on Sunday night in Sag Harbor, N.Y., where France failed to stop at stop sign and had#oxycodone pills in his possession, according to police.
    And this is the guy ultimately overseeing driver safety at NASCAR.
    He needs#to hand over the keys –#to his car and his job as#CEO.#
    More: Chase and Bill Elliott share Watkins Glen victory and intriguing history
    France, 56, started by taking#a leave of absence to address the problems that almost assuredly contributed to the arrest. His uncle Jim France will fill in as chairman and CEO. But ultimately, Brian France#must step aside for good.
    Because let's not forget#2006. That's#when he hit a tree while driving a Lexus in Daytona Beach, Fla., and a witness said France was driving at a "very reckless speed’’ and “fell over his own feet” after he got out of the car, according to news media reports.
    France told Daytona Beach police that he hit the tree when he was taking a drink of a soda.
    Can’t help but wonder#what was in that soda#now that France is facing charges of aggravated driving while intoxicated and criminal possession of a controlled substance.
    Truth is, France, the grandson of NASCAR founder Bill France Sr. and CEO since 2003, has looked unsteady leading NASCAR for years. This season, continuing a steady decline over the past decade, NASCAR’s TV ratings for the first 16 events are down 20%#and admissions revenue to 14 Cup Series weekends after the Daytona 500 is down almost 15%, according to an ESPN.com report.
    The Wall Street Journal reported in 2017 that France sold his entire stake in NASCAR more than a decade ago. That means France’s fate as CEO likely rests with his older sister, Lesa, his uncle, Jim, and other stakeholders who must ask themselves this: On what grounds can Brian France credibly oversee NASCAR’s substance abuse policy, safety issues and, for that matter, the entire organization?
    He can’t, of course, and for that reason someone needs to put a sober adult behind the wheel for good.

"You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be." -- Albus Dumbledore...

Post Thanks / Like
    Tony Stewart ought to be CEO of NASCAR. He doesn't tolerate any shenanigans what so ever....though he might remove the fenders, I bet he makes things competitive and fun.......
    John Daly

11. Likes TheOldProgrammer, Night Owl liked this post