Thread: Little League World Series

Post Thanks / Like

Little League World Series

It's that time of year again, when nightly TV gets good. The LLWS South West tournament is on the Longhorn channel. The tournament is up in Waco and for the most part pretty good to watch. The Longhorn channel has some pretty funny commercials too. There is one where Roger Clemens is running the dunk booth. Instead of sitting in it, he is throwing and its pretty funny. Texas girls got shut out 7-0 in the Senior LLWS by Taiwan. Taiwan had a young lady that struck out 15. I really enjoy watching the kids play ball.

Last edited by fchafey; August 6th, 2018 at 8:19 AM.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

2. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gotta watch those Taiwanese kids - I remember when they used to dominate the LLWS and they finally got caught using 15 year olds.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

4. LOL fchafey LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who were probably 20 or 25 years old.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

6. LOL CenTexDave, fchafey LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    And if I remember one year the team from Brooklyn, NY won the championship and a few weeks later it came out their star pitcher, who was completely unhittable, was 15 years old.
    First clue - the kid was about 6' tall.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And if I remember one year the team from Brooklyn, NY won the championship and a few weeks later it came out their star pitcher, who was completely unhittable, was 15 years old.
    First clue - the kid was about 6' tall.
    New Mexico has a young lad Mack Mabrey. He is 5-10, 140 and 12 years old. His nick name is "Mac the Knife". I get the occasional corn fed one, but it seems any more they are growing them bigger, better, stronger, faster....

https://www.littleleague.org/videos/...minant-outing/
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

Post Thanks / Like
    He will be the MLB next draft choice... And he is from NM, where they refer to the 6th grade as their senior year.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

10. LOL Night Owl, fchafey, CenTexDave LOL'd at this post