Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Urban Meyer Put On Paid Administrative Leave

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fchafey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is sad that today society and the media can just destroy someone because they can....
    Or prop up someone completely unqualified. {cough - 44 - cough}

2. Likes fchafey, CenTexDave, Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    All what you guys have said is true, but he committed no crime. Zach Smith was never tried on any charges, as they were dropped. This restraining order has, I believe, not even
    been issued yet. The case is scheduled for a hearing soon.
    This wouldn't be a big deal if it wasn't for that other scandal rocking Ohio State right now - something along the lines of the Michigan State one where a doctor - now deceased - did sexual things
    with members of the wrestling team. Happened decades ago evidently and has given OSU a black eye. Evidence exists that the Athletic Director knew of this domestic violence also, so when Meyer's
    contract extension was written language was put in about reporting/handling domestic violence, etc. That contract extension was signed in April of this year. When Meyer found out the ex-wife has filed
    for a restraining order he fired Smith.
    If he loses his job so be it. I'm sure the news media will be very proud of themselves. I'm sure they could also do a follow-up as to what Meyer plans to do with the $40M payout he would be due.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Getting a bit interesting in this case.
    Just read where a journalist talked to Zach Smith's mother and his ex's mother - they both stated that Courtney Smith wanted revenge due to Zach cheating on her They even had texts
    which they showed the reporter that the ex stated she would get her revenge and cause both his and Meyer's downfall.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

5. Thanks Rick thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now getting more bizarre by the day.
    Jeff Snook, a journalist who covers OSU football and has written a few books on the Buckeyes, is reporting that the one who pushed the media to look into this
    was none other than Tom Herman - Longhorn's coach and former OSU offensive coordinator!!!
    Maybe true, maybe not. Maybe Herman is tired of Urban raiding the state of Texas for great high school players.
    But, if this is true, Herman may have signed his own death warrant, as he was offensive coordinator and therefore Zach Smith, as WR coach, was directly under him. Why didn't he report it??
    Last edited by CenTexDave; August 11th, 2018 at 2:43 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Everyone involved is denying that Herman was the leak. Herman, his wife, and the reporter are all denying it.

Post Thanks / Like
    What Herman has said is he doesn't commend on programs other than Texas. Of course he'll deny it, because if it was true he was more guilty than Urban. Zach Smith worked for him.
    Maybe, maybe not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Meyer's been suspended for the first 3 games. Athletic Director Gene Smith suspended for 2 weeks or so. The investigators said they didn't do anything illegal but
    should have followed up on the problem more.
    If I was Meyer I would appeal it and sue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Meyer's been suspended for the first 3 games. Athletic Director Gene Smith suspended for 2 weeks or so. The investigators said they didn't do anything illegal but
    should have followed up on the problem more.
    If I was Meyer I would appeal it and sue.
    i'm guessin' there was some folks who wanted to get his attention.....just to let him know who was still the boss...pop his balloon a little bit.....mac

11. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I followed this pretty closely. From what I read, many wealthy alumni threatened to cut off donations if they went overboard and tried to fire him.

Post Thanks / Like
    We live , sadly, in a world where all it takes is one angry person to hint at something and bad things happen to others.

Whatever happened to filing a frivolous lawsuit. Kind of sounds like this is what happened here.

Best advice for any athlete... Keep your zipper up and your boys in your pants guys. Either that or swear celibacy.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

14. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2