Thread: Dave Campbell's Texas Football predictions for 12-6A this season

Post Thanks / Like

Dave Campbell's Texas Football predictions for 12-6A this season

Predicts that Hewitt Midway will win district (when did this change occur? Weren't they Waco Midway before?)
    Followed by Temple, Belton, Ellison, Cove (even with the new coach!), Killeen, Heights, Waco, then Shoemaker in the cellar.

Been out for a month or so. Didn't remember to post it til now.
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gnatsum View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Predicts that Hewitt Midway will win district (when did this change occur? Weren't they Waco Midway before?)
    Followed by Temple, Belton, Ellison, Cove (even with the new coach!), Killeen, Heights, Waco, then Shoemaker in the cellar.

Been out for a month or so. Didn't remember to post it til now.
    To get the dirty city word Waco off of it. Didn't Lake Travis do the same thing? weren't they Austin-Travis at one time?
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

Post Thanks / Like
    Midway lost virtually their whole team and their coach. Just typical Dave Campbell b.s. - they are going on last year's results. I look for Cove to at least make the playoffs if not challenge for district. Some good plays back and
    kids up from both undefeated district champs and they both beat Midway.
    Hewitt has always insisted they were Hewitt Midway. It was the press that kept calling them Waco Midway.
    Press used to all Lake Travis Austin Lake Travis. After a few state championships they figured it out.
    Last edited by CenTexDave; August 1st, 2018 at 2:37 PM.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

4. Thanks fchafey thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I get it. Sort of like Austin Westlake...but Westlake is in the Eanes ISD...outside of Austin ISD. Calling the school just "Westlake" would confuse some folks, as there's a "wide spot in the road" north of Fort Worth called Westlake...not far from Northlake and Southlake (which reminds me--why IS the only high school in Southlake ISD called 'Southlake Carroll'? Isn't there a school called 'Southlake High School'?)

...and I'm sure that the Austin Westlake folks would rather NOT BE associated with the AISD folks...
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

Post Thanks / Like
    Think I need to revise my previous post. Lake Travis is not the same school as Austin Travis. Lake Travis HS is in the Lake Travis ISD which is in Lakeway, a suburb of Austin. Austin Travis HS is a dump in Austin ISD.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Midway lost virtually their whole team and their coach. Just typical Dave Campbell b.s. - they are going on last year's results. I look for Cove to at least make the playoffs if not challenge for district. Some good plays back and
    kids up from both undefeated district champs and they both beat Midway.
    Hewitt has always insisted they were Hewitt Midway. It was the press that kept calling them Waco Midway.
    Press used to all Lake Travis Austin Lake Travis. After a few state championships they figured it out.
    Midways coach hasn’t left and from what I’ve heard they don’t lack for talent. Cove wlll likely regress into the 5th KISD school. I’m going to take the Roos because I’ve been coached by the guys over there and they have a good mix of juniors too. I’m going to take midway, temple, and (killeen, Waco, Ellison, cove) 2 of the 4 to take 3 and 4. I’m going to root for killeen and Waco. Kwame just took over and he’s a legend at my alma mater so I’ve got to root for him. It’ll be tough with them hiring so late. Lake Travis has always been lake Travis unless you’re going back to the 80s and 70s. Heights will likely be in the mix to battling for 4th and shoemaker is the districts web of lies and dirty tricks.

8. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post