Thread: "Gun-Free" Zone?

Post Thanks / Like

"Gun-Free" Zone?

Somebody else has awakened to the fact that alleged "gun-free" zones are really invitations to a massacre.
    The Catholic Diocese of Fort Worth, Texas, is removing signs that tell people to not carry guns on church property, KXAS-TV reported.
    It’s happening partly because of a mass killing in November 2017 that left 26 people dead at First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, Texas.
    Following the shooting, the Catholic Diocese of Fort Worth hired a group of security consultants that advised them to remove the signs.

The signs identify the churches as gun-free zones — and that could make them vulnerable to attacks, the consultants told the Diocese.
    Signs that read “no conceal, no open carry” began disappearing from entrances to parishes in and around the city about three weeks ago, according to the report.
    Tony Perez, an active parishioner at St. Patrick’s Cathedral in Fort Worth, told the TV station he agrees that the signs can do more harm than good.
    “When you do that, you’re effectively advertising a gun-free zone,” said Perez, who has a concealed carry permit. “And when you advertise a gun-free zone, you’re advertising also that your location is vulnerable.

After the Sutherland Springs shooting, the Diocese of Dallas made a similar announcement about the “no guns” signs.
    “In light of this tragic event, Bishop Edward J. Burns has asked that parishes in the Diocese of Dallas consider appropriate safety measures, including the removal of all signs prohibiting the concealed carry of firearms on campus to eliminate any perception that any of our parishes would be an easy target for terror,” the Diocese said in a written statement.
    Source: https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/0...safety-reasons

2. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure if this is a local thing or a Catholic thing. I am betting there are plenty of Catholics who pack. Shoot, there are more guns in my church on a Sunday morning than at the Alamo.

I do trust my soul to the lord... Sure hope any troublemaker does too.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

4. Likes CenTexDave, madasheck, Mestral liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lutherans pack too.

6. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not sure if this is a local thing or a Catholic thing. I am betting there are plenty of Catholics who pack. Shoot, there are more guns in my church on a Sunday morning than at the Alamo.

I do trust my soul to the lord... Sure hope any troublemaker does too.
    We never put up the signs at our church. With all the retired military, of which about 80 percent are packing along with some of the clergy on any given Sunday, we can take on a brigade of would-be troublemakers and have them subdued before we even think of calling 911 to get the reports done.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

8. Likes sojourner truth, madasheck liked this post
    LOL sojourner truth, CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Sign of the times:
    "My Church has more guns than Your Church!"
    I don't mind being called far right.
    I have been right so far.

10. Likes madasheck liked this post
    LOL CenTexDave, TheOldProgrammer, madasheck LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about "our guns are bigger than your guns... And, they don't fire prematurely.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

12. LOL madasheck, Night Owl, Mestral LOL'd at this post