Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: World Cup 2018

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sure they could, but with 8 groups of 4 teams each, would need 4 stadiums for group play.
    The point is if they do hold it in the winter, with all these country's soccer leagues in full swing,
    how many will be able to attend?
    In other words - FIFA is run by idiots in awarding this tournament to Qatar.
    FIFA has long been rife with corruption, scandal and ineptitude. I watch quite a bit of Bundesliga and Barclay's Premier League and there is always jibes and commentary on the wonderful world of FIFA. Wonder how much money Qatar "donated" in order to get the tournament. F1 is almost as bad. Austin had to put up something like 25 million in order to get the F! event they have now.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

2. Thanks CenTexDave thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    2 Dead and rioting in France this morning... Way to go France.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

4. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fchafey View Post
    FIFA has long been rife with corruption, scandal and ineptitude. I watch quite a bit of Bundesliga and Barclay's Premier League and there is always jibes and commentary on the wonderful world of FIFA. Wonder how much money Qatar "donated" in order to get the tournament. F1 is almost as bad. Austin had to put up something like 25 million in order to get the F! event they have now.
    25 million?........to who, Fred?......

totally agree with your FIFA comments.......mac

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    I'm sure they could, but with 8 groups of 4 teams each, would need 4 stadiums for group play.
    The point is if they do hold it in the winter, with all these country's soccer leagues in full swing,
    how many will be able to attend?
    In other words - FIFA is run by idiots in awarding this tournament to Qatar.
    I kind of s'pect it'll be the best championship playoffs ever.......for players, attendees and TV viewers alike.....mac
    Last edited by mac; July 16th, 2018 at 11:21 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    25 million?........to who, Fred?......

totally agree with your FIFA comments.......mac
    From Wikipedia, but I read it elsewhere too. Sorry I guess I should have wrote 25 million a year for 10 years.......

"In June 2010 it was announced that the Austin area would host the Formula One, United States Grand Prix, from 2012 until 2021. The State pledged $25 million in public funds annually for 10 years to pay the sanctioning fees for the race. A Formula One circuit was built at an estimated cost of $250 to $300 million, and is located just east of the Austin Bergstrom International Airport Circuit of the Americas also plays host to MotoGP World Championships from 2013."
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

8. Thanks CenTexDave thanked this post
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8