Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: World Cup 2018

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ang View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wish it started later...I'll be at church and will be missing most, if not all of it. I'm pulling for Croatia, mostly because my son-in-law lived there for 6 yrs... he's a Big Fan.
    It is for this reason that I love my DVR.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

2. Likes Ang liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ang View Post
    I wish it started later...I'll be at church and will be missing most, if not all of it. I'm pulling for Croatia, mostly because my son-in-law lived there for 6 yrs... he's a Big Fan.
    I am pulling for Croatia as well. I spent a year at Camp Bondsteel in 2014 and was able to travel all over that area and it was the best deployment I was ever on. The food was amazing and the people were awesome.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

4. Likes Ang liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The daughter and son-in-law recently returned from a visit to Zegreb and Split. They love the food also. His parents are missionaries...that is the reason that he lived there. His Dad didn't much like being a missionary in Croatia. The locals would, from time to time, rough him up a bit, bust out a headlight...Bully type stuff. His parents are missionaries in Slovakia now...they are liking that pretty well.

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope Croatia wins also.
    While I've never been there, I do like their food. There was an excellent Yugoslavian restaurant in Stuttgart, Germany that I frequented back in the early 80's. Their Dalmatian rost braten was superb.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

7. Likes Ang liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    So much for an upset. France is blowing them out midway through the second half, 3-1.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Make it 4-1. Croatia appears lost.
    Still was a great tournament for Croatia. At least they don't import their players like France does.

Post Thanks / Like
    Croatia scores, now 4-2. France's goalie decided to get cute, had his defense kick the ball back to him and he clowned around with it. Croatian player charged him,
    took the ball away and put it in the net. lol
    Starting to get a little more interesting now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    Croatia scores, now 4-2. France's goalie decided to get cute, had his defense kick the ball back to him and he clowned around with it. Croatian player charged him,
    took the ball away and put it in the net. lol
    Starting to get a little more interesting now.
    yep......and just when I had decided it was gonna be a rout. France should've gift wrapped that one......

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    Make it 4-1.
    Still was a great tournament for Croatia. At least they don't import their players like France does.
    Modrick's a Croat?

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know where he's from, but can tell you half of France's team are not from France. They may be French citizens now, but not home grown for sure.
    It's over. France wins.
    Still a great showing by Croatia, a country of 4 million, against one of the world's big boys.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast