Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup 2018

Post Thanks / Like
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

2. Thanks CenTexDave thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hope a couple people are watching - France vs Uruguay going now. France just got one - beautiful header off a free kick. Those who think this sport is boring should watch for once.
    You want boring - watch a 1-0 baseball game, or a 7-3 football game.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

4. Thanks fchafey thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The header was actually off a Uruguayan player. Right after that France's goalie probably had the save of the match.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

Post Thanks / Like
    Now that was a great goal.
    John Daly

Post Thanks / Like
    France wins 2-0 and goes to the semis. That was a good match. Uruguay had its chances, just couldn't get the job done.
    Next match should be good also - Brazil-Belgium. Hope Neymar gets a red card or breaks his leg.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fchafey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now that was a great goal.
    you're right......great game!

Dave is right, down there, with his comments about Soccer. Someone once said that Combat was days of drudgery spiced with moments of sheer terror......that's kind of how it goes with fussball......but he is wrong about baseball. I really like MLB......i'd like it better if they'd put houston and dallas in separate leagues......even though the rangers have prob'ly already blown it for this year.....mac
    Last edited by mac; July 6th, 2018 at 11:02 AM.

9. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fchafey View Post
    The header was actually off a Uruguayan player. Right after that France's goalie probably had the save of the match.
    Look again, Fred. The French player hit it before the other guy could get to it.
    The ref turned a blind eye to numerous French holds, even in the box. Ray Charles could have seen some of those fouls.

11. Thanks fchafey thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    you're right......great game!

Dave is right, down there, with his comments about Soccer. Someone once said that Combat was days of drudgery spiced with moments of sheer terror......that's kind of how it goes with fussball......but he is wrong about baseball. I really like MLB......i'd like it better if they'd put houston and dallas in separate leagues......even though the rangers have prob'ly already blown it for this year.....mac
    Don't get me wrong, Mac. I like baseball - just gets too slow and long sometimes. Followed a game on the internet the other day and it took nearly four hours to play. No rainouts, just slow moving.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    Don't get me wrong, Mac. I like baseball - just gets too slow and long sometimes. Followed a game on the internet the other day and it took nearly four hours to play. No rainouts, just slow moving.
    yeow, i know, bugs the hell out of me too but i s'pect you'll agree that it's better than it was 6 or 10 years ago. we need to go back to the 7th inning stretch and that's it, let the networks put their stuff when they want to........mac

14. Thanks CenTexDave thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Belgium has Brazil's number and is leading 2-0 in the 70th minute. The ref isn't buying Neymar's frequent flops and theatrics.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast