Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: "...to avoid conflict."

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by just2cents View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Almost all started by Dagobert who collects a check each month from being a retired cop. He should give the checks back.
    why on earth would he do that? you and I signed a contract with him that if he would do "A", then we would do "B". He did his part, now it's time for you and I to do our part.......don't you agree?.......mac

2. Thanks Mestral, txswimmer, CenTexDave thanked this post
    Likes Night Owl, just2cents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    It's great to see how well the cell service was out there. That way, members of this forum who always participate in these rallies could keep us updated with pictures and first hand accounts of what happened.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    It's great to see how well the cell service was out there. That way, members of this forum who always participate in these rallies could keep us updated with pictures and first hand accounts of what happened.
    Yeah, that isn't wise.
    With the political landscape today, it is better to carry a burner phone and not use it, except in an emergency.

https://www.wired.com/2017/02/7-great-burner-phones/

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-sta...cts_annou.html
    The Bundy brothers and occupiers Jeff Banta and David Fry also were found not guilty of having guns in a federal facility.
    If I have the right case, here, one of them was arrested for carrying a gun in the court house, even though he never entered the court house. The arrest was simply a pretext to get his phone and download everything in it on a fishing expedition.
    I don't mind being called far right.
    I have been right so far.

5. Likes ithoughtso, Dagobert II liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    why on earth would he do that? you and I signed a contract with him that if he would do "A", then we would do "B". He did his part, now it's time for you and I to do our part.......don't you agree?.......mac
    I don't know why Dago is so bitter bout cops. But, that IS his right, and he earned his retirement. I just wonder how some of his old colleagues feel about the way he trashes the profession.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by txswimmer View Post
    I don't know why Dago is so bitter bout cops. But, that IS his right, and he earned his retirement. I just wonder how some of his old colleagues feel about the way he trashes the profession.
    A more accurate understanding would be that there are many in the profession who are trashing the constitution.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagobert II View Post
    A more accurate understanding would be that there are many in the profession who are trashing the constitution.
    And most do not.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just wonder how some of his old colleagues feel about the way he trashes the profession.
    i'm not at all sure that I think that trying to clean up your profession is the same thing as "trashing" it......mac

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    i'm not at all sure that I think that trying to clean up your profession is the same thing as "trashing" it......mac
    I think cleaning it up may be what he is trying to do,
    but I don't agree that he is using an optimal approach
    (and I have said as much before).

I had some weed incursions in the past that require
    a number of simultaneous approaches to remove them
    (in that same process in my new location) so I guess
    Dagobert's approach could be one of many.
    I don't mind being called far right.
    I have been right so far.

11. Thanks txswimmer thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mestral View Post
    I think cleaning it up may be what he is trying to do,
    but I don't agree that he is using an optimal approach
    (and I have said as much before).

I had some weed incursions in the past that require
    a number of simultaneous approaches to remove them
    (in that same process in my new location) so I guess
    Dagobert's approach could be one of many.
    If he is trying to clean up, well, good for him. I agree the approach is not to my taste, but I don't visit that thread anymore. We should all clean up our own sides of the street when we can, but, in mixing metaphors (I know) - you don't throw out the baby with the bath water.

I was reminded of something the other day, and I think I am going to try and stick with it: Remember that 97% of the people you meet are fine folks. They may have different opinions than you, may worship differently, may have different personal lives. The fact is, though, it is often our own prejudice that keeps us from seeing the good in people. We don't have to understand their ways, just be tolerant of differences. We can agree to disagree, but we do not have to demonize or demoralize someone because we disagree. And, if we want people to see the good in us, we have to show the same goodwill that we expect. A long way of restating the Golden Rule.

Yeah - I need to stick to that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Remember that 97% of the people you meet are fine folks. They may have different opinions than you, may worship differently, may have different personal lives. The fact is, though, it is often our own prejudice that keeps us from seeing the good in people. We don't have to understand their ways, just be tolerant of differences. We can agree to disagree, but we do not have to demonize or demoralize someone because we disagree. And, if we want people to see the good in us, we have to show the same goodwill that we expect. A long way of restating the Golden Rule.

Yeah - I need to stick to that.
    If the LEOs in the Police State thread adopted that philosophy (and had a better knowledge of the law, giving them benefit of the doubt by assuming their actions are based on ignorance rather than malice) the law enforcement profession could be greatly improved.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast