Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Because only government agents are skilled enough to be trusted with firearms

Post Thanks / Like
    Dancing FBI agent charged with second-degree assault, booked into jail over back flip gunfire

Bishop turned himself in to the Denver Sheriff Department on Tuesday morning after a warrant was issued for his arrest, according to Denver police.
    Chase Bishop

Denver Police Dept.
    Denver Police had previously said they were awaiting the results of alcohol and drug tests before making an arrest. The district attorney's office said in a statement investigators are still awaiting the tests to determine Bishop's blood alcohol content at the time of the incident, and additional charges may be pending.
    "We are filing this charge now rather than waiting until the [blood alcohol content] report is received, which we understand could take another week, because sufficient evidence has been presented to file it," Denver District Attorney Beth McCann said in the statement. "If an additional charge needs to be filed after further evidence is received, we can file those charges then."
    Source: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/dancing...-flip-gunfire/

And elsewhere at the Federal Bureau of Incompetence:
    Former El Paso FBI agent, Rhonda Lynn Chesser, convicted in passport fraud case

A former FBI agent who once worked at the agency’s El Paso Division offices was convicted on charges of submitting false information when applying for a passport.
    Rhonda Lynn Chesser, 41, was found guilty in federal court by a jury March 22 on three counts of false statement in application for passport in the Western District of Texas. The trial was held before Senior U.S. District Judge David Briones.

She is facing up to 25 years in prison on each count and a fine of $250,000. A sentencing date has been set for June 7.
    FBI El Paso Division officials declined to comment.
    Source: https://www.elpasotimes.com/story/ne...ate/479157002/

There's still no word on the fate of the El Paso office FBI agents that assaulted a photographer on the sidewalk outside the El Paso FBI office.

2. Thanks CenTexDave thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    well well......kind of looks like the local sheriff checked the FBI and pre-empted any of their possible interference......mac
    Don't know where you got that the F.B.I. was interfering with, or going to interfere with, the investigation. Everything that I've read about this indicated that the F.B.I. had cooperated fully with the investigation. You know something that the rest of us don't?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ExKilleencitizen View Post
    Don't know where you got that the F.B.I. was interfering with, or going to interfere with, the investigation. Everything that I've read about this indicated that the F.B.I. had cooperated fully with the investigation. You know something that the rest of us don't?
    what makes you think that I got that or that that's even close to what I said.

nope, I don't know anything you don't.....least ways no insider info.....mac

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    Latest I have read on this is that Denver PD is awaiting results of a blood test to determine his alcohol level. Denver's FBI office refuses to comment.
    Seeing how popular the FBI is with Trump, think we might have one less FBI agent soon.
    Looks like you are right. For once, an agent is getting held to account. Maybe.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/15...rney-says.html
    Agent Chase Bishop was in court Wednesday, out of custody after turning himself in earlier this week on a second-degree assault charge. Bishop posted bond to gain his release, according to jail records.

Bishop’s attorney, David Goddard, called the shooting, which happened while Bishop was off-duty, “an incredibly tragic event,” adding that Bishop and his family were praying that the injured man makes a “full and speedy recovery.”

The agent hopes that he and the injured man can sit down privately “when appropriate,” the lawyer said.

“While members of the local and national media have repeatedly expressed interest in speaking to Mr. Bishop, out of respect for the Denver Police Department and their investigation, we will refrain from further comment until the investigation into this incident is complete,” Goddard said.

Bishop was at the Mile High Spirits Distillery and Tasting Bar on June 2 when he broke out in a dance routine. A woman recorded the incident that showed Bishop dancing and doing a back flip. His gun then fell out of his waistband and on the floor. Police said the gun accidentally discharged.

The wounded man’s injury was described as serious but not life-threatening. He was treated and released from a hospital.
    Of course, this is preliminary.
    We don't know if anything serious will actually happen to him.

Meantime, this is a lesson in getting a holster that is up to the task
    (good retention, so the gun doesn't fall out) and maybe heeding
    Sojourner's advice to carry in condition 3 (no round in chamber).

Also, keep the finger out of the trigger well, until barrel pointed at target.
    I don't mind being called far right.
    I have been right so far.

6. Thanks txswimmer thanked this post
    Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Low level agent... You have to get at least 3 desks away from the top to have total amnesty.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

8. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    Low level agent... You have to get at least 3 desks away from the top to have total amnesty.
    Or be a sniper with an order to shoot to kill for a misdemeanor warrant.

10. Likes CenTexDave, Dagobert II liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Condition three would cause me to lose one of five rounds in my 38 and that is not going to happen.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

12. Likes just2cents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Condition three would cause me to lose one of five rounds in my 38 and that is not going to happen.
    Revolvers are carried condition 2. With the hammer in the down position,
    not many of them have a hair trigger (duh), and my wife's actually has
    a piece of metal blocking the hammer/pin from reaching the primer,
    until the trigger is 3/4 of the way back.

The agent in question caused his weapon to discharge because he
    had a round in the chamber, no safety engaged and when he reached
    for it in a panic, one of his fingers found the trigger. Probably took
    less then 3 lbs on that trigger.
    Last edited by Mestral; June 20th, 2018 at 10:19 AM.

14. Thanks txswimmer thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, that moron needs to go. I am sure he is a nice guy and honest and all, but if you are going to be so stupid as to walk into a nightclub, armed, and start doing backflips, buh bye!

16. Likes Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by txswimmer View Post
    Yeah, that moron needs to go. I am sure he is a nice guy and honest and all, but if you are going to be so stupid as to walk into a nightclub, armed, and start doing backflips, buh bye!
    Instead of telling his buddies to "hold my beer" he should have told them to "hold my gun"

Looks like he got two years probation, misdemeanor charge (apparently no alcohol in his blood) but it also appears he will keep his job and the articles says he will be paying into a "Victim’s Assistance Fund," but I don't know if that is Victim generic or specifically, the guy he shot.

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...ver-speaks-out

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...lt-avoids-jail
    in November, prosecutors said a plea deal was in the works. Bishop had been allowed to travel back and forth between Denver and Washington, D.C., where he lives and works, as part of his bond conditions.

In exchange for Bishop’s guilty plea Friday, the felony charge was dismissed. Under the plea agreement, he was sentenced to two years of probation and will have to pay into the Victim’s Assistance Fund, pay a $1,200 probation supervisor fee, and pay court costs and other administrative fees.
    I am actually impressed this was resolved in less than 7 months.

18. Thanks CenTexDave thanked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast