Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Special People, Special Exemptions

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagobert II View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does the government, and by extension its agents, have extra RIGHTS or duties assigned to it by the constitution?
    none of us, to include agents have any rights assigned to us by the constitution. all of our rights are God given and protected by our Constitution......do not look to the constitution for your rights.....what the agents have are not constitutional rights, they are Governmental rights......does the Government have the right tol pass laws, build and regulate military and police forces, grant special governmental rights? yes sir, you betcha......mac
    Last edited by mac; June 10th, 2018 at 3:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post

If there is the need for an additional EMS vehicle and crew so badly that anyone loses good service, then maybe someone should talk about hiring more people.
    totall agree with you Sojourner,on this......I have no problems with paying taxes for good employees who are used and sceduled wisely........(obviously, that does not include stickin' 'em in some hidey hole somewhere)......I would rather pay an extra man or so than pay OT......mac

3. Likes Night Owl, CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    it's not something they need to "think" about......hells bells, they do have extra rights!.......but, that's prob'ly as it should be......mac
    "Extra Rights" as detailed in your post#11,
    OK, on that I will agree.

(It isn't what I meant, but you have a valid point.)
    I don't mind being called far right.
    I have been right so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree LEOs should have some different rights based on their employment, however, I also believe that LEOs should be held to a much higher standard.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

6. Thanks fchafey thanked this post
    Likes ithoughtso, CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Owl View Post
    I agree LEOs should have some different rights based on their employment, however, I also believe that LEOs should be held to a much higher standard.
    They are, that's one of the reasons it is hard to hire or keep LEOs.

8. LOL Night Owl LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagobert II View Post
    Does the government, and by extension its agents, have extra RIGHTS or duties assigned to it by the constitution?
    Said the guy who carries under LEOSA.
    The Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act (LEOSA) is a United States federal law, enacted in 2004, that allows two classes of persons—the "qualified law enforcement officer" and the "qualified retired law enforcement officer"—to carry a concealed firearm in any jurisdiction in the United States, regardless of state or local laws.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by just2cents View Post
    They are, that's one of the reasons it is hard to hire or keep LEOs.
    The other reason is because people expect them to do things that should not be within their station in life.

They are here to keep the peace, not to protect us, and people should understand that. Juries should be briefed on that, and prosecutors and judges should quit pretending that the cops will protect us. (Self defense, Castle Doctrine, Stand your ground, and Constitutional Carry are all things I believe in, along with jury nullification.)
    I don't mind being called far right.
    I have been right so far.

11. Thanks Night Owl thanked this post
    Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Owl View Post
    than who? than you?.....than me?......than Caesar's wife?......I'm not sure I want that at all......I would prob'ly prefer plain ole common day folk with my standards......mac

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mestral View Post
    The other reason is because people expect them to do things that should not be within their station in life.

They are here to keep the peace, not to protect us, and people should understand that. Juries should be briefed on that, and prosecutors and judges should quit pretending that the cops will protect us. (Self defense, Castle Doctrine, Stand your ground, and Constitutional Carry are all things I believe in, along with jury nullification.)
    totally concur......mac

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    none of us, to include agents have any rights assigned to us by the constitution. all of our rights are God given and protected by our Constitution......do not look to the constitution for your rights.....what the agents have are not constitutional rights, they are Governmental rights......does the Government have the right tol pass laws, build and regulate military and police forces, grant special governmental rights? yes sir, you betcha......mac
    Rights are a condition of human existence and are merely recognized, not given, by the constitution. The government, not being human, has no rights, only duties. Agents of the government, as humans, have all the rights owing to that status but have no rights beyond that owing to their status as government agents. As agents of the government they may have additional duties resulting from that status but not additional rights. The government can only protect or assault human rights which are inherent in human existence. It cannot give rights unless, of course you credit it with the design of human existence.
    Last edited by Dagobert II; June 10th, 2018 at 9:02 PM.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast