Thread: Looking for Colt .45 Govt Model

Post Thanks / Like

Looking for Colt .45 Govt Model

I'm looking for a Colt .45 Govt Model or possibly a Commander. If anybody knows anybody who has one for sale, new or gently used, hit me up. I'm not looking for anything tricked out. Would also like to know your thoughts on a fair price for a gently used one. New ones out of the box (plain jane) I think are going for $799. There are multiple online gun sites but which ones are good and which ones are shady?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ExKilleencitizen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm looking for a Colt .45 Govt Model or possibly a Commander. If anybody knows anybody who has one for sale, new or gently used, hit me up. I'm not looking for anything tricked out. Would also like to know your thoughts on a fair price for a gently used one. New ones out of the box (plain jane) I think are going for $799. There are multiple online gun sites but which ones are good and which ones are shady?
    Check out the PXs or BXs in your area, The last two handguns I got at the FT. Hood PX and saved about $135.00 on one from the price at the gun shops in Killeen. ( plus no tax)

3. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by just2cents View Post
    Check out the PXs or BXs in your area, The last two handguns I got at the FT. Hood PX and saved about $135.00 on one from the price at the gun shops in Killeen. ( plus no tax)
    Hadn't even thought about the BX at Randolph AFB or PX at Fort Sam...Thx.

Post Thanks / Like
    lots and lots of "colt government" models out there......hell, i've got a .45 long, a .22 and a .380 right here within arms reach.......are you talkin' 'bout the .45 ACP?.....mac

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    lots and lots of "colt government" models out there......hell, i've got a .45 long, a .22 and a .380 right here within arms reach.......are you talkin' 'bout the .45 ACP?.....mac
    Yes, .45 ACP. I carried one for a long time before KPD went to issued Sig Sauers. I sold it several years ago because I was trying to lighten my load so to speak and have regretted it ever since so I want to replace it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, .45 ACP. I carried one for a long time before KPD went to issued Sig Sauers. I sold it several years ago because I was trying to lighten my load so to speak and have regretted it ever since so I want to replace it.
    their's several of 'em out there at guns galore....but i didn't price 'em or anything like that...gotta be less than 5 hundred, though.....mac

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    their's several of 'em out there at guns galore....but i didn't price 'em or anything like that...gotta be less than 5 hundred, though.....mac
    I may need to make a trip up that way then. I've bought a couple of guns from Guns Galore and they're usually very fair and competitive with their prices.

Thanks mac.

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought a RR arsenal 1911, and love it. It has everything a real Colt has, and the action is actually a tad smoother than the one I had in the Army. You do have to have some arm muscles to get that first round into the chamber however.

Tried to get my wife to slide it once and she couldn't do it. She can manage my Llama easily. Now that I am thinking about it, that may not be such a great thing.

Thing about the 1911 is that it is not accurate very much... But when it hits something, that something is done for. Like getting hit by a slow freight train.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain