Dallas Rally 5/5/18

Our Gun Rights Are Not Negotiable! Rally

Saturday, May 5, 2018 at Noon

Dallas, Texas City Hall Plaza

Additional information at DallasRally.com

2. Thanks madasheck thanked this post
    Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope and pray that some anti-gun nut doesn't cause trouble at this rally.

4. Likes TheOldProgrammer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    They had a short piece on TV last night about it that countered the lie that the anti gun groups have been saying that the NRA never approves of any law that limits gun use or could be seen as gun control. The reporter showed 3 cases where they had.

But when you really look at what the left does, and how they work, you get the picture on how agreeing to any compromise will eventually lead to just giving them everything they want. Like the old "give them half your cake" theory... Then they go after half of the half you have left, until you wind up with nothing and they have your whole cake.

Giving in to even the smallest demand will only encourage them further. And make no mistake, the goal of the left is to do away with all guns. No matter what. The only ones who will be allowed weapons will be the ones in power. This is how they plan to keep the power for themselves eternally.

ANd, no, I am not an NRA member... Just a gun owner who would like to say he can take care of his loved ones if need be.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Saw a pic on Facebook where one of the anti-gun rallies protesting at the NRA Convention took place. A whole 5 people!!!!!!
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, my wife and I were talking about where the liberals are on this whole gun issue, and their entire premise is so stupid.

We make the analogy of a wolf in the wild. The wolf being the predator... How much sense does it make to hang a sign on a den of babies that says "All of our babies are in here unprotected, and nobody in here has any means whatsoever to protect them"... That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. In other words, it would be a wolf snack bar.

And no matter how many laws they make, they will never get all the guns away from all the bad actors out there. In fact, the only people who would willingly give them up are the ones who place all their faith in the government to protect them and on the good will of everyone else in society. We have already seen that those 2 concepts do not happen.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

8. Thanks madasheck, CenTexDave, Night Owl, Dagobert II thanked this post
    Likes madasheck, TheOldProgrammer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I saw a Youtube video where one of the 1st amendment auditors went to the rallys, pro and con, to record whatever may happen and talk with a few folks on both sides. Fair disclosure requires that I disclose my strong suspicion that he is pro - second amendment and probably the whole bill of rights.

He interviewed a contra first who accused him of trying to bait her. In response he said he would just remain silent and give time to say whatever she wanted to say.

She started with the oft heard, "Nobody wants to take your guns." Well many of us know otherwise and can cite various persons in various scenarios who have done just that.

The rest of her argument was an argument that great power required great expertise and the government was the only entity competent enough to ensure expertise through training and licensing.

My response to that argument would have been that based on my training and subsequent licensed employment with the government at the federal and municipal levels, it is my expert opinion that we are all doomed if the government is the repository of all expertise. Furthermore, my knowledge of history informs me that no individual, no matter how nefarious, has been as dangerous as most governments on an average day.

10. Likes CenTexDave, madasheck liked this post