Thread: New Member of the Family

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

New Member of the Family

We have adopted a retired military working dog. His name is Ralf. He is a retired drug dog from Lackland AFB. He's a real sweet dog.

Here's a news story that was done with the last family that adopted him. According to the organization we adopted him from, his teeth issues weren't from injuries and he doesn't tear anything up in the house. I'll reserve further comment.
    https://youtu.be/zShrW_bzuPg

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice looking dog... he'll have plenty of room to play around on your property.
    The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook.

Post Thanks / Like
    When I worked on a dairy, my working partner was a retired military K9 named Koko. I have never met the likes of that dog again.

It was his habit to get up every two hours and go outside, not to relieve himself but simply to patrol around the house and then he would open the door and let himself back in. One night I tried to trick him by locking the door behind him. He came back into the house after he had ripped the door off the house. I was glad that he was not smart enough to figure out which of the three humans in the house had locked that door.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

4. LOL CenTexDave, sojourner truth LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When I worked on a dairy, my working partner was a retired military K9 named Koko. I have never met the likes of that dog again.

It was his habit to get up every two hours and go outside, not to relieve himself but simply to patrol around the house and then he would open the door and let himself back in. One night I tried to trick him by locking the door behind him. He came back into the house after he had ripped the door off the house. I was glad that he was not smart enough to figure out which of the three humans in the house had locked that door.
    Was there a rash of unexplained dead hookers in the local newspaper?
    Last edited by Ricky; April 22nd, 2018 at 12:03 AM.
    The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook.

6. LOL Night Owl, CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was there a rash of unexplained dead hookers in the local newspaper?
    LOL. No, as I said, I was working with him on a dairy. The dairy was 8 miles from town, the town being Bryan, TX.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."