Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ellison New Head Coach

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I suppose the comparison between a coaches paycheck and a teachers is always an interesting discussion.

What got me was the tome I was sitting in the bleachers of an Ellison Baseball game and overheard 2 future Ellison teachers that were coaches imported with the new hire talking about what they were teaching in the classroom next year. One of them said "Business something or other... you know.. some BS to take up the time between games"

Bad thing was my teacher wife who also taught business at Ellison sitting there and telling me that there were going to be a few new clueless business teachers around next year.

Some of these coaching salaries are ridiculous when compared to a teachers salary. And yes, I do know that coaches have to do other things besides coach. At least the assistant coaches do anyhow.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What got me was the tome I was sitting in the bleachers of an Ellison Baseball game and overheard 2 future Ellison teachers that were coaches imported with the new hire talking about what they were teaching in the classroom next year. One of them said "Business something or other... you know.. some BS to take up the time between games"
    right about here I was trying to visualize you sitting on a tome.....it wasn't 'till near the end of the line that I figured out it was a typo. interesting visual, though.....mac

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree. When a district pays more to a person teaching kids how to play a silly than to teachers actually educating our children there is something wrong with the education system. When I was in school coaches actually taught classes and received a stipend for coaching a team. There was no athletic director and the basketball coach was the assistant coach for football and the football coach did the same for basketball. Yeppers, we had a total of 2 coaches in the school. Now we have more coaches than some colleges do. Something wrong with that picture.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by onetime View Post
    Just reporting facts sir. I’ll remove my panties a little later.
    Why did the Skynrd song, "That Smell" just start playing in my head?

5. LOL Night Owl, sojourner truth, xzochye LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    right about here I was trying to visualize you sitting on a tome.....it wasn't 'till near the end of the line that I figured out it was a typo. interesting visual, though.....mac

Well... You're right about that. I do read a lot though. My computer, for the last few years has a tendency to misspell stuff too. My fat fingers don't help either.

What it does lately is to not let the shift key loose quickly so you may see a lot of my postings with the first 2 letters in caps. Guess I should do a bit of keyboard maintenance on it now and then... That, and the coal chute in back is getting a might dusty.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

7. LOL Night Owl LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post

What it does lately is to not let the shift key loose quickly so you may see a lot of my postings with the first 2 letters in caps. .
    Good to know I am not the only one with that problem.
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

9. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Coaches base salary and teacher base salary are the same. It is the stipends that are different. Every coach except the coordinator teach classes, (well unless you coach in Cove) As of right now, Coach Wright didn't import any coaches with him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2