Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Your 2018 Cleveland Indians

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Your 2018 Cleveland Indians

They signed Rajai Davis last week and it was just announced that Napoli is being signed to a minor league contract lending passing a physical.

Post Thanks / Like
    Two wasted signings if you ask me. Napoli had more K's than hits last year with Texas. Once the Rangers figured out how washed up he is they stuck him on the bench.
    Davis is just too old. Didn't do much with the A's last year. Don't know if he can do much this year either.
    Cleveland didn't do diddly as far as I'm concerned this off season. They let pitchers Brian Shaw and Joe Smith leave (some say no big deal about Shaw), let Carlos Santana leave, didn't even
    try to keep him and same with Jay Bruce.
    Signed some 1B who had a good first half of a season last year then slumped the entire second half.
    Have read that Brantley won't be ready for opening day. Sure am glad they wasted $10M on his option. He must have stubbed his toe on the dugout steps.
    I look for more of the same - win the Central going away and early exit from the playoffs.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Now I read Salazar has arm problems and won't be ready for Opening Day. All the talent in the world but the past two seasons has been on the DL way too often to be considered a reliable arm.
    Also forgot - they didn't try to keep Austin Jackson, the sub OF who had the catch of the year in CF and also hit .318. Big mistake.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Napoli's batting average during the spring training games remained at .000 after yesterday's 0-3 debacle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Only another week - 10 days and the teams will name their rosters and break for the start of the season.
    The Tribe has some interesting and hard choices to make at some key positions:
    Giovanni Urshela is batting .519 during spring training. Yandy Diaz is batting .417. Who do you keep as a back-up infielder? Kipnis is back - he's batting .452 so 2nd base is solved.
    The OF is in tatters with Brantley - again - not ready to play. Greg Allen is batting .375. Guyer is also not ready to play. Chisenhall is hitting an anemic .188.
    And Fat Ed is his usual self batting a roaring .161. I wasn't pleased they let Santana get away, but they did sign Alonso to play 1B and he's hitting .333 this spring.
    Perez is having a good spring behind the plate at .375. Where does that leave the young Francisco Mejia who is hitting .450?
    Kluber pitched a gem yesterday - 5 IP, 1 hit. Clevinger has looked real good. Bauer and Tomlin have not, and Salazar is injured (again).

6. Thanks Rick thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    They tried Urshela at 1B yesterday and did fine. He is now batting .457 for the spring. Will be hard to leave him off the roster. Yandy Diaz continues to impress. Good thing about him is
    he can also play LF. Chisenhall has had a miserable spring, but I'm sure he'll be penciled in as the starter in RF. But if I was Francona I'd quickly lose my patience with him if he gets off to a real slow start. With Brantley and Guyer out
    with injuries carried over from last year, I'd consider Diaz for LF, Zimmer for CF and Allen in RF.

Post Thanks / Like
    They sent Diaz down to Columbus. He was hitting a ton and some of the other regulars aren't. I have a feeling he'll be back. Urshela has been tried at 1B and did fine and continues to hit. BA over .500.
    And, lo and behold, and surprise, surprise, surprise - Michael Brantley made his spring debut yesterday. Went 1 for 3 with a HR. If he's ready to go will be great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    They seem pretty optimistic about Brantley.

10. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely need him as long as he's 100%. Hope they don't have him in LF if he's not fully healed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast