Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Your 2018 Cleveland Indians

Post Thanks / Like
    Francona likes some of his veterans too much - even when they don't play well. Davis brings nothing to the Tribe. He didn't hit good at Oakland last season and is two years older than when he led the league in stolen bases.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Tribe kept Napoli - signed him to a deal and will most likely assign him to Columbus AAA. The deal includes a clause where he can opt out if he receives a better offer from a different team.
    Between him and Fat Ed Encarnacion at DH, they might have 400K's between them.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Other than Kluber, and Clevinger at times, the starting pitching this spring has simply sucked. Tomlin has started to round into form as he has had a couple good consecutive outings, but Tomlin isn't great when he is on.
    Bauer has looked extremely shaky. Yesterday Carrasco got shelled (again) - his spring ERA is over 7.00. And Salazar is on the DL. Andrew Miller even hasn't looked sharp.
    But the hitting, with the exception of a few, has been very, very good. Alonso - Santana's replacement at 1B - has been smacking the hell out of the ball. Brantley has been extremely good, but looks like he'll start the
    season on the DL. Both Gomes and Perez at catcher have hit great. Kipnis' comeback has been very good and he's hitting well. So who isn't? Fat Ed (normal - always starts slow), Ramirez and Lindor haven't been hitting as they
    should, and Chisenhall has been miserable. Sub infielders Gonzalez (usually plays at SS) and Urshela (who can play 3B-very good defensively-, SS, 2B and 1B have hit well. Yandy Diaz was hitting extremely well and they send
    him down to AAA. Sometimes I really wonder about Francona. His loyalty to these older veterans - like Guyer, Encarnacion, Napoli, Chisenhall, etc- may not pay off.
    This team has way too much talent not to get out of the gate and have a 10 game lead by the all-star break. But if the starting pitching continues to suck and these older vets don't hit, I wouldn't be surprised to see
    some wholesale changes. The only difference is I would make them now. Doesn't do much for morale to go into May 5 games back thinking that they'll put together another 13 and 22 game win streak.
    Last edited by CenTexDave; March 27th, 2018 at 12:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Seems as soon as I posted something blasting a couple of the players they play great.
    Today Bauer has pitched 5 great innings, 3 hits, 1 ER, 7 K's. Napoli has blasted one out. Indians lead Arizona 2-1 in the 6th.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The only time to worry about Bauer is when he's playing with his drone. They say he struck out more in spring training than any other pitcher. Not that it means much. In fact, none of means anything until tomorrow.

I think Francona is wise to keep those "old" guys around. With the injuries during the course of the season, especially early on, it'll be good to have veterans close by. Just in case. Time will tell.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just don't understand Francona's love affair with Guyer. He is a below average defensive outfielder, has no power, but gets on base sometimes when he gets hit and takes one for the team.
    Hopefully Chisenhall stays healthy this year - he was batting well over .300 and lead the team in RBIs before getting injured last year just before the all-star break. Matter of fact, I thought he
    should have made the all-star team instead of Brantley.
    You're right - time will tell. But Diaz and Allen will be at AAA and can be called up overnight if needed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Good news for tonight. Wahoo hats.

8. Thanks CenTexDave thanked this post
    Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    10pm on ESPN

Post Thanks / Like
    Tribe loses the opener, 2-1, to Seattle. Kluber was outpitched by Felix Hernandez. Gave up a 2 run HR and that was it, but over 8 innings he looked pretty good.

11. Likes fchafey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watched most of it as i am off today so i could stay up late. Pretty good game, interesting they mentioned Seattle is about to get an NHL franchise.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

13. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast