Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Oops! SIG P320 Again

Post Thanks / Like

Oops! SIG P320 Again

Did someone get a bribe to do such a lousy job or was it just government work as usual?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ooooohhh.. Don't scare everyone with these assault type weapons of mass destruction. We may have to cut school on Monday because we are protesting.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

3. Likes Mestral liked this post
    LOL Dagobert II, Mestral, CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Army has already fielded the Sig. In fact by the time we get back FT Hood should be almost Sig pure...except for special people that get the Glocks.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fchafey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Army has already fielded the Sig. In fact by the time we get back FT Hood should be almost Sig pure...except for special people that get the Glocks.
    When I was in there were lots of special people, often named Abrams. Who are the special people now days?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagobert II View Post
    When I was in there were lots of special people, often named Abrams. Who are the special people now days?
    spooks, snake eaters and the like....mac

7. Thanks Dagobert II thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    When deployed you can tell the level of cool.....Gi's Berettas. Sigs for the SF people, and deservedly so, they do have the coolest rifles, those things just say "hello, your dead courtesy of Uncle Sam"...and the other 3 letter agencies with their Glocks.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

9. Thanks Dagobert II thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a Sig guy...don't have much use for Glocks. Have my P226 .40 and a P239 9mm for concealed carry and love em both.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ExKilleencitizen View Post
    I'm a Sig guy...don't have much use for Glocks. Have my P226 .40 and a P239 9mm for concealed carry and love em both.
    The SIGs with which I've made personal acquaintance have all been fine instruments (still prefer my Glock). All the trouble I've read about seems to revolve around the P320. Does anybody here have experience with that model?

Post Thanks / Like
    This video came out in July... I assume 2017. It is history rather than current events. I would be interested in knowing what Glock has decided to do about this issue. Is there any current data on it?
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

Post Thanks / Like
    This is dated 30 January 2018.
    The results of a series of tests of the M17 and M18 platforms were revealed in an annual report compiled by the Pentagon’s Office of the Director of Operational Test and Evaluation, alongside similar testing on a variety of platforms throughout fiscal year 2017. According to the report, the Sig Saur Modular Handgun Systems (MHS) exhibited a number of issues throughout testing that took place between April and September of last year. Primary among them, the aforementioned drop test issue that made headlines late last year. If dropped from the correct angle (onto the dovetail of the pistol) the M17 and M18 platforms are prone to discharging a round.

Perhaps more disconcerting, however, were the other issues the Pentagon’s testing exposed: in two instances, the trigger assemblies in pistols splintered apart during use – an issue that had never come up before Sig implemented changes to the trigger to resolve the drop-test failure. This means the new components intended to solve one problem may have inadvertently caused another.

The report also went on to indicate that the pistol has a propensity for ejecting live rounds alongside spent shells, though it clarifies that this does not usually result in a misfeed or malfunction. Nonetheless, ejecting live rounds could be a concern in combat zones, where every round may count in some survival situations. According to the tests, the issue becomes more prominent the more often the pistol is fired.

That isn’t the end of the MHS’ ammunition woes. While the pistol apparently has no issue cycling the Army’s new XM1153 “special purpose” cartridge, a hollow point round, it apparently does not function reliably when loaded with the standard XM1152 “ball” rounds used most often in service. In order to qualify as a military service weapon, the pistol must be able to fire 2,000 rounds without stoppages at least 95% of the time – a standard both the M17 and M18 pistols were able to meet with hollow points, but with standard ammo, that reliability rate dropped to a dismal 75% in the full size platform, and an even worse 60% on the compact one.

It is unclear what steps the Army has taken to resolve these issues, but the report does indicate that the Army is working with Sig to address them. In the mean time, the pistol platform began distribution to Army units last November, meaning those pistols will either suffer these reliability issues, or will have to be repaired in the near future.
    Source: https://sofrep.com/98976/dod-evaluat...iddled-issues/

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast