Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Tribe's Chief Wahoo's Demise

Post Thanks / Like

The Tribe's Chief Wahoo's Demise

The owner of the Cleveland Indians finally caved and has agreed to delete team mascot/emblem Chief Wahoo following this year's season of baseball.
    From what I've read on Facebook and other social media, not too many happy fans. Even the mayor of Cleveland agreed with this. This libtard will be voted out soon I hope.
    This PS crap is destroying our country. I seriously doubt if any of these libtards are even aware of the Chief's history - the team used to be known as the Cleveland
    Spiders. The Spiders had the first Native American player in MLB baseball. Soon they signed another, then another. The team's name was changed to the Indians to
    honor these guys.
    Now I'm sure the Washington Redskins will again face this PC crap, as will the Atlanta Braves.
    While we're on the topic, I'm part Scandanavian. That idiot mascot of the Minnesota Vikings offends me - let's make him go away.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Ya, they broke this news the other day. The commissioner forced this by threatening to take the All-Star game from Cleveland next year.

This is pathetic. It's a ####ing cartoon.

Oh and guess what? They are still going to sell some merchandise so that they can protect the trademark. So it's okay to make money on it, just not put the logo on display.My aunt in Ohio is pissed too.

3. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looking into ordering new merchandise as I type this. Already have a Chief ballcap and T-shirt, but the t-shirt is like 20 years old now, so gonna buy a couple new ones.
    Damned commies and libtards!!
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Here's a link to the organization that has been doing the whining for forty years. http://www.ncai.org/

And here is their logo.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ncai.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	16.1 KB 
ID:	7468

If a sports team were to use this logo, they'd cry about it.

Oh and they are not stopping with Chief Wahoo. They want the name changed too.

Post Thanks / Like
    As a person of native American heritage, I take umbrage at the tribes that are crying so loud against this. Next, the animal rights folks will be complaining about Eagles and Bears and other stupid stuff... And then there are the democrats who are probably offended by Patriots.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

7. Thanks Rick thanked this post
    Likes Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thing is, not many "tribes" are complaining that I know of

Post Thanks / Like
    Guess the Latinos don't know Cleveland has a football team.......
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

Post Thanks / Like
    I always think back to Rocky Colavito when thinking of the Indians. His baseball card was one of my first when I was a kid. ...He was always one of my favorites.

11. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    And we all get a kick out of the misnaming of Indians by the great explorer who forst got here and thought he had landed in the Indies. Or India or something like that.

Then the PC gang got their non offending brains together... all 2 ounces of them, and decided we would be called "Aboriginal Americans". I guess I'm stuck in my ways, but I always associate aboriginal with native Australians, and can't shake that picture from my mind.

Never was bothered at all if someone referred to my family as Indians... Or even redskins for that matter. I think it is sort of funny, as I have yet to meet an Indian with red skin. Or an oriental with yellow skin.

Aborigines, on the other hand, look to me to have very strong outward appearance to blacks I have seen all over the place... With a few subtle facial differences. I find it interesting to study the differences in that ways that people think from the different cultures.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

13. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fchafey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Guess the Latinos don't know Cleveland has a football team.......
    They do??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast