Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Tribe's Chief Wahoo's Demise

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sickofpc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I always think back to Rocky Colavito when thinking of the Indians. His baseball card was one of my first when I was a kid. ...He was always one of my favorites.
    At one time he was so popular in Cleveland he could have been elected mayor. Seriously. Tribe screwed up when they traded him to Detroit for Harvey Kuehn who had won the batting title the year before.
    Kuehn was supposed to give them the high % batter - he hit .301 with Cleveland the next year then faded fast.
    Once Colavito came back to Cleveland he cut down on his run swing - didn't K nearly as much. One of his best years he batted .298 with 28 HRs and well over 100 RBIs.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    And we all get a kick out of the misnaming of Indians by the great explorer who forst got here and thought he had landed in the Indies. Or India or something like that.

Then the PC gang got their non offending brains together... all 2 ounces of them, and decided we would be called "Aboriginal Americans". I guess I'm stuck in my ways, but I always associate aboriginal with native Australians, and can't shake that picture from my mind.

Never was bothered at all if someone referred to my family as Indians... Or even redskins for that matter. I think it is sort of funny, as I have yet to meet an Indian with red skin. Or an oriental with yellow skin.

Aborigines, on the other hand, look to me to have very strong outward appearance to blacks I have seen all over the place... With a few subtle facial differences. I find it interesting to study the differences in that ways that people think from the different cultures.
    Big difference - American Indians don't throw boomerangs.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

3. LOL sickofpc, Night Owl LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    They do??
    nice article......actually, it's a real nice article today about Jim Brown in today's WSJ....mac

Post Thanks / Like
    Just might be him and Jim Thorpe we're the greatest athletes of all time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    Big difference - American Indians don't throw boomerangs.
    No need... when we hit a target, we are always within walking distance of the target.

And, when a boomerang hits its target, said Aborigine must also take a hike to recover it.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

7. LOL sickofpc, CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2