Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: My Recent Absence

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Could be. My surgeon wasn't pleased with the drugs that I was given in 2016. He doesn't think it was treated correctly back then.

Post Thanks / Like
    Best wishes to you, Rick.
    My sister had a PICC put in when she had her heart pump put in. They didn't decide to do that until the 2nd day she was in, after trying several times to do blood draws and missing. To me, if you need to do 6 blood draws a day, why NOT put in a PICC?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rick; Your 'team' has prob'ly already considered this but you may have developed some sort of antibiotic resistance. it happens a lot to those of us who have at one time or another had to take antibiotics......mac
    Had to break the case and get my golden ax into service.

Rick's body will never develop a resistance to antibiotics. It's the bacteria and/or viruses that develop a resistance via mutation. That's why we have to ensure that all those little boogers get sent to Valhalla lest one escapes to mutate.

Always be sure to follow an antibiotic regimen to its conclusion... even when you believe you no longer need it because you feel to be cured.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post

Rick's body will never develop a resistance to antibiotics. It's the bacteria and/or viruses that develop a resistance via mutation. That's why we have to ensure that all those little boogers get sent to Valhalla lest one escapes to mutate.

Always be sure to follow an antibiotic regimen to its conclusion... even when you believe you no longer need it because you feel to be cured.
    exactly!......

it's the bacteria in his body, in his immune system, that has developed into resistant bacteria......mac

Post Thanks / Like

I absolutely followed my antibiotic regimen to conclusion when I had salmonella back in August. The symptoms were almost gone except the lower end (I won't go into details...and they still aren't completely right) but finished the entire batch of antibiotics. I REALLY didn't want that pesky thing to return. But, even with that, the doc said that salmonella usually gets kicked in the shorts by the body's natural defenses without antibiotics.

Post Thanks / Like
    When my colon burst in 1989, the docs at Darnall said I was dead unless they could find an antibiotic that would work for my infection. They finally had an experimental one developed in Germany that took care of my deadly case of infection.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

7. Likes madasheck liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Could be. My surgeon wasn't pleased with the drugs that I was given in 2016. He doesn't think it was treated correctly back then.

You are correct, however some people's bodies seem to find a way to, eliminate, deactivate or fail to absorb certain antibiotics. I don't know if this "develops" or if it is just not noticed the first time they use the antibiotic, leading them to the wrong conclusion. (That happened with me and Septra back in the 70's.)

Most important, though, is what you pointed out, that the antibiotic regimen must not be stopped until the infection is completely cleared, since any bacteria that have survived one attack by an antibiotic have a higher chance of being resistant to that antibiotic, next time they encounter it.

_________
    Keep fighting this Rick. I know the road it rough, but I also know
    you have the backbone to see it through. In the meantime, we
    will keep you in our prayers.
    I don't mind being called far right.
    I have been right so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you are better! Sometimes surviving the hospital is an ordeal - but it sounds like you were in good hands. Stay strong!

Cedarwhackerville, Bell County-7 Generations
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hope you recover quickly!
    Y'ALL MEANS ALL.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thoughts and prayers with you Rick.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast