Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Patriots vs Jaguars game starting

Post Thanks / Like
    38 unanswered points so far. Is that a record?

Post Thanks / Like
    The Patriots are the class of the league, no doubt. The way they do things is the model for success, but...next year should be interesting. They are losing their OC and DC to head coaching jobs. Hate to see that combination of coaches breaking up.....Also, rumor is that they might lose their offensive line coach, who is really good. The Patriots do a great job of protecting Brady, as well as opening up holes for the running plays. Not many QBs in the league can stand tall, settle in, and make choices like Brady does. That's because of his offensive line doing such a great job of protecting, as well as the play calling which keeps defenses guessing.
    It's really something to see how successful they have been with their system for success. It should be interesting to see what happens next year with the changes that will be made.

Post Thanks / Like
    Watched the game yesterday, and Tony Romo was the "color" announcer. He would usually say "watch out for this" when the Pats had the ball and, damn, if he wasn't nearly correct everytime.
    I like his announcing. Brings a good perspective to the game. And thank the Lord Gruden is going to Oakland to coach. No more listening to his b.s. on Sunday nights anymore.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

4. Likes sickofpc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only thing I was watching was how greasy the Jags receivers hands were, and how crooked the reffing was.

Can't wait to see the quality of refereeing at the Superbowl. And how many dirty tricks the Pats can pull out of their hat.

I have noticed that they are very adept at pulling off penalties where a ref cannot see them, and of stripping the ball, and how they always call for a flag whenever they miss a pass. It is like whenever Brady throws a ball, if it is not caught the reason must be that they were interfered with somehow. What a racket.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

6. LOL CenTexDave, sickofpc LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    UM, Number one Patriot fan here!!!!! The Jaguars were playing dirty; that hit on Gronk was a dirty hit. At this point in time, you never, ever count Brady and the Patriots out. And the Texas boy, Amendola,(he played for Texas Tech) seemed to fill Gronks shoes just fine. I am worried about next year though. Belichick reminds me a lot of Tom Landry. He runs his team with the same type of respect and discipline. Of course, Landry dressed a lot better. lol

Romo is a much better color commentator than he was a quarterback.

8. Likes sickofpc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I am sitting here looking at the shot of the ref patting Brady on the back, so I am not so sure the reffing is as unbiased as it is supposed to be. I still want to know how much they are paying them for their selective vision....

Yes, the shot to Gronks head was a dirty one, and the player should have been ejected, but that has happened a few times to other teams during this playoff series.

I am not a fan of any one team other than the Texas Rangers... I am of the school that a real fan is still there when the team stinks....

And, I always get a kick out of fans who root for teams that are always "there"... Easy to be a fan of a team that always seems to be there in the end.

And, as much as I like football, and side with the Cowboys on game day, I will be rooting for the underdog Eagles this time around.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    I hate the Eagles; most obnoxious fans in professional sports IMO. I'm not a Pats fan per se but I do have to give them respect for all that they've accomplished during the Brady/Belichick era. I'm pulling for the Pats only because I absolutely hate Philly. At the end of the day I won't really care who wins and if I watch at all, it'll only be the last 5 minutes if it's a close game.

11. Likes CenTexDave, sickofpc, Gramps liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Eagles fans are rabid. One thing to harass visiting fans; entirely different to attack and hurt them.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

13. Likes sickofpc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Eagles are also known as Raiders East.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am... dismayed... at the conduct of Eagles fans as much as anybody, but my absolute hatred for the Patriots overrides even that dislike.

And, I dislike my home team, the Raiders about as much as I do the pother bay area team, the 49ers.... Given the choice between Eagles or Pats, I will root for the Eagles all day. Probably won't do any good as the Pats have too many tricks up their sleeve to ensure they win.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast