Thread: A nice present for Dad...

Post Thanks / Like

A nice present for Dad...

A Dallas man, Mayur Shree, recently bought his father a $3 million dollar car..a Bugatti Cheron..top speed 261 mph.
    Shree had to be vetted, place a $250 thousand dollar down payment, and wait two years before he could get the car for his father.
    Last edited by sickofpc; January 13th, 2018 at 1:00 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sickofpc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A Dallas man, Mayur Shree, recently bought his father a $3 million dollar car..a Bugatti Cheron..top speed 261 mph.
    Shree had to be vetted, place a $250 thousand dollar down payment, and wait two years before he could get the car for his father.
    i'm not sure i would want that car. i think that's the one that has the 8L engine mounted smack dab in the middle of the car and has 4 turbos........prob'ly take forever to 'spool-up'!......prob'ly take forever to get away from the tree.....by the time he got spooled the other guy'd prob'ly be at the 330.....or at least way past the 60.....mac
    Last edited by mac; January 13th, 2018 at 1:19 PM.
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

3. LOL sickofpc LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    From wikipedia:
    "The Chiron can accelerate from 0–97 km/h (60 mph) in 2.4 seconds according to the manufacturer, 0–200 km/h (120 mph) in 6.5 seconds and 0–300 km/h (190 mph) in 13.6 seconds."
    Spooling up, apparently, is NOT a problem with the Chiron...

But as Jay Leno has stated in a magazine column, why not just buy a Dodge Challenger SRT Demon instead, and save a few million bucks. The Demon will run 0-60 in close to the same time, and the 1/4 mile in 9.65 seconds @ 140 mph (Road & Track). Should be able to find one for less than 100 grand (MSRP from $83,295...but some dealers might add a few things to the sticker on their own...wink wink, nudge nudge)
    Last edited by gnatsum; January 13th, 2018 at 1:48 PM.
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

5. Thanks CenTexDave thanked this post
    LOL sickofpc LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Koenigsegg one... Much better car. That is if you have the bucks.

A friend of mine has the inside track on a Hellcat Demon we wants to sell me, but for the bucks I will stick with the Vette....
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

7. Likes sickofpc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good decision.