Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Playoffs

Post Thanks / Like
    Tom Brady is the gold standard right now and so are the Patriots. That's fine and that's the NFL. Next year might be different. Big Ben might retire, the 49ers were 6-0 with Garrapalo and the Patriots will be a year older. Aaron Rogers and the Cheese gang should be healthy too. With the Browns having the first 53 draft picks they too might get healthy.....
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

2. LOL CenTexDave, sickofpc, sojourner truth LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fchafey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The officiating was horrible. Brady and Gronk, yep they are great, almost as good as QB combos back in the day of Stabler/Casper, Montana/Clark, Aikman/Novacek, Thiesman/Monk, and on the 25th anniversary of the "Drive" we must remember that Kosar/Newsome were awesome as well....
    Clark and Monk weren't tight ends.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

4. Thanks fchafey thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Still want to know how much the Pats are giving these refs for their biased play calling. I have never seen such blindness in referees when they look at the Pats play... Of course, they have 20/20 vision when their opponents so much as fart in the huddle.

Just watched Rothlesburger get mugged without so much as a flag.. What a crock.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

6. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure Goodell has put the word out...help the Pats all you can (and the Cowboys), don't you imagine?

Post Thanks / Like
    Still SMH on that Vikings-Saints game. Figured that was over at halftime, then the second half comeback by Brees and the Saints, then the last second gaffe by that defensive back. Just when
    I thought I'd seen everything.............
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Twitter feed for the Saints has a ton of people slamming 43 for his Deion Sanders type of tackling....I too thought the Vikings were done I hope they get to play a home game in the Super Bowl, that would be neat. I wont see it though, we shall be in NTC for that.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sickofpc View Post
    I'm sure Goodell has put the word out...help the Pats all you can (and the Cowboys), don't you imagine?
    I don't think Goodell likes Jones, in fact I believe just the opposite. The NFL needs some over hauling, it seems they are in that lull that the NBA was in about 15 years ago.
    John Daly

11. Thanks CenTexDave thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    chafey,... I was being sarcastic.... Jones tried to take away some of Goodell's power not long ago. There is no love lost between Goodell and Jones..or Goodell and the Patriots.
    I also believe, like you, that the NFL is in a "lull" now..mostly because of the kneeling during the anthem situation, but...I am also just turned off by the behavior of many players on the field and off. It just seems like, rather than having many players that were once upon a time looked up to, the players now are anything but that. I'm just tired of hearing them mouth off and act like idiots and prima donnas, on... and off the field.
    As far as the NBA goes, another bunch of prima donnas... I might watch the finals. Maybe.
    Last edited by sickofpc; January 15th, 2018 at 10:58 AM.

13. Likes CenTexDave, fchafey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fchafey View Post
    I don't think Goodell likes Jones, in fact I believe just the opposite. The NFL needs some over hauling, it seems they are in that lull that the NBA was in about 15 years ago.
    If Goodell allows any player to kneel during the SB pre game I will change the channel and will be done with the NFL.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

15. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope every one of the bastards dislocates a knee

17. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast