Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Freezing Faucets

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    no, i don't, but like i say, my outside spigots are a little more than a drip.....just a skosh more but it'll keep any icycycle from forming.......
    Thanks! I'll try this tonight.
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

Post Thanks / Like
    Seems like my problem ended. Not sure if it was because I put a cloth inside the faucet cover, or left my bathroom cabinets open last night.

It was toughest getting my wife to stop closing the darn cabinet doors. Mrs. perfect was bothered seeing all the junk we have stuffed under the bathroom sinks....

Anyhow, no leaks, seeps, or abrasions seen.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

3. Likes xzochye liked this post
    LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    Seems like my problem ended. Not sure if it was because I put a cloth inside the faucet cover, or left my bathroom cabinets open last night.

It was toughest getting my wife to stop closing the darn cabinet doors. Mrs. perfect was bothered seeing all the junk we have stuffed under the bathroom sinks....

Anyhow, no leaks, seeps, or abrasions seen.

I left mine open last night and today while I am at work so we will see how the faucet is when I get home. I was looking at the layout of my house last night to see which indoor faucet is the closest and pretty much all of my sinks are in the middle of my house and straight across with the kitchen being in-between the bathroom sinks....lol

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by xzochye View Post
    When you leave your outside faucets dripping do you cover them with anything? A lady I work with was telling me that when they lived in the country they covered the faucet with the styrofoam things and cut a small hole in the bottom for water to drip out of.

I can just imagine an icicle going from the faucet to the ground!
    Not an icicle from the faucet to the ground, but from the ground up. Looks . . . well, you decide.
    This was from a few years ago at my house in Alabama. We had 36 straight hours below freezing temps, down into the mid teens. I left the outside faucets dripping.

Again with the sideways picture...I tried rotating it, saving it, etc. Every time it uploads, it's sideways.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0151.jpg  

6. LOL CenTexDave, xzochye LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kantwin View Post
    Not an icicle from the faucet to the ground, but from the ground up. Looks . . . well, you decide.
    This was from a few years ago at my house in Alabama. We had 36 straight hours below freezing temps, down into the mid teens. I left the outside faucets dripping.

Again with the sideways picture...I tried rotating it, saving it, etc. Every time it uploads, it's sideways.
    Wow! hahaha

BOYCOTT

Post Thanks / Like
    I sprayed the foam around the faucet and pipe (boy that stuff is messy!!!) and left it uncovered for about two hours to dry (from 4:30-6:30) and it had already start to freeze some but it wasn't anything 1 cup of hot water couldn't fix. I have it covered now and an alarm set for 11:30 to check it. Fingers crossed. As soon as Spring hits I'm buying a large evergreen type bush to plant infront of this blasted faucet!

BOYCOTT

9. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kantwin View Post

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails attachment.jpg  
    The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook.

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried 4 or 5 times .....
    Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    I give up! All 4 outside faucets froze last night! I checked the one I always have problems with at 3am and it was good but at 6:30am it was frozen. Was a few minutes late to work but I got them all unfrozen and left them dripping. Went home during my conference time to check on them and all were good. Guess I will just leave them all uncovered and dripping tonight. I don't know what else to do.

I think I will be looking into a heating lamp for that back one though.

As I was driving to and from work today I noticed that very few people actually had their faucets covered and a lot of the ones that did just had a plastic bag or towel wrapped around it.

BOYCOTT

Post Thanks / Like
    FWIW the low tonight is supposed to be 28 and 31 tomorrow. The next low for a freeze is next Friday at 32. That is why I love this state, I look at the kids freezing in the motor pool and say, "Yep we are having winter this week".......
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

14. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast