Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas..and the bowl games

Post Thanks / Like

Texas..and the bowl games

UT looked very good last night...especially considering the people they had missing. .. A couple of key fumbles by Missouri helped the cause a lot. ..Next year for UT should be interesting, to say the least, with their returners and strong recruiting class
    Watched part of the Independence Bowl. The Florida State Criminoles have some really, really good athletes. I'm sure Fisher wishes he could have brought several with him to A&M.
    Hope TCU wins tonight. Should be an interesting game.

2. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I watched it and was impressed with them. Tom Herman, though, needs to chose a QB. And from what I saw it shouldn't be Buechele. Now I see their other RB wants to transfer. Poor snowflake didn't
    get enough carries this year. Bye.
    FSU had an easy time with Southern Miss. Shouldn't have even been on the same field with them, and, in fact, FSU shouldn't have even been in a bowl game because one of their wins was against
    a 1-AA school which doesn't count. But being in the PC world, had to keep that streak of 38 consecutive bowl games going.
    Hope TCU rolls Stanford, but after watching them lose badly two times to Oklahoma don't know if they can win.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Compared to Mizzous crappy effort, they did look good... But I wasn't very impressed either. They had no ability to gain ground with the run, their QB routinely threw way over the receivers head, and they had to rely on Mizzous fumbling efforts in order to gain points... I guess it is a good thing they allow points for defensive touchdowns, else the game wouldn't have been near such a blowout.

I was betting my wife, and winning, when I told her to watch them run 3 ground plays, get within 2 yards of a first down, and then the QB would call his own number on a sneak or a run up the middle which will immediately be stopped for a loss... Got a few bucks on that bet.... She finally asked why they kept doing that when it failed every time... I had to remind her that they were Longhorns, after all. I think Aggies get way too much credit for being dummies when there are so many Longhorns that prove A and M has no corner on the market for bonehead thinking.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

5. Thanks Night Owl thanked this post
    LOL CenTexDave, Night Owl LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    6-6 gets you into a bowl. I was flipping between the Ut game, Purdue and Arizona and the Rangers/Caps hockey game....The Navy has these Blue Angels tribute helmets for the game today, they look pretty sharp....
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

Post Thanks / Like
    Good to see Purdue win, especially over a PAC-12 team.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Compared to Mizzous crappy effort, they did look good... But I wasn't very impressed either. They had no ability to gain ground with the run, their QB routinely threw way over the receivers head, and they had to rely on Mizzous fumbling efforts in order to gain points... I guess it is a good thing they allow points for defensive touchdowns, else the game wouldn't have been near such a blowout.

I was betting my wife, and winning, when I told her to watch them run 3 ground plays, get within 2 yards of a first down, and then the QB would call his own number on a sneak or a run up the middle which will immediately be stopped for a loss... Got a few bucks on that bet.... She finally asked why they kept doing that when it failed every time... I had to remind her that they were Longhorns, after all. I think Aggies get way too much credit for being dummies when there are so many Longhorns that prove A and M has no corner on the market for bonehead thinking.
    The only thing in Texas summer than a longhorn is an Aggie.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Post Thanks / Like
    ??????????????

Post Thanks / Like
    Dumber. Dang auto correct.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

11. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    TCU wins a shootout over Stanford.
    Pac-12 not looking good as Sparty romped over Wash St.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just need Penn State and OSU to cooperate.......
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

14. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast