Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas..and the bowl games

Post Thanks / Like
    I O
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

2. Likes Rick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Roll TIDE!

4. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Darnold needs to stay in school and learn how to protect the ball. Sure hope the Browns don't mess up and draft him at #1.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

6. Likes sickofpc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Two good games today. Actually there are four games, but the ones I'm interested in are Penn State-Washington in the Fiesta Bowl, then followed by
    Wisconsin-Miami in the Orange Bowl.
    I think the B1G will be 7-0 in bowl games after these games today.
    Meanwhile, the PAC-12's only bowl win was Utah beating West Virginia. LOL
    And A&M loses to Wake Forest. Pathetic.

8. Likes sickofpc, Rick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Two good games today. Actually there are four games, but the ones I'm interested in are Penn State-Washington in the Fiesta Bowl, then followed by
    Wisconsin-Miami in the Orange Bowl.
    I think the B1G will be 7-0 in bowl games after these games today.
    Meanwhile, the PAC-12's only bowl win was Utah beating West Virginia. LOL
    And A&M loses to Wake Forest. Pathetic.
    Wake Forest home of Arnold Palmer and Tim Duncan. A and M should feel ashamed of themselves.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

10. Thanks CenTexDave thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I imagine Jimbo Fisher watched and wondered WTH he ever agreed to coach them. All the talent in the world and very undisciplined. He definitely has his work cut out for him.

12. Thanks fchafey thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everything that could go wrong for SC did. They definitely had a Murphy's Law game. Fumbles and interceptions for SC..the whole game. OSU looked so much stronger, physically. That's unusual for a team going against SC, or at least it used to be. OSU just looked very, very good..offensively and defensively. Barrett looked really good.... Darnold definitely needs to stay in school a year. Heard two analysts talking about him..one says he should go, will be a high draft pick,.. Herbstreit thought he should stay, definitely needs another year.
    Think Washington might possibly have a chance against PS.
    I think Fisher is probably going to go after speed, in a big way, along with a premier QB, of course, and...uhhh..lots more that he needs to bring in.

Post Thanks / Like
    You do realize A&M's QB threw for 499 yards!!
    Don't necessarily agree that OSU looked very good offensively, although I think a lot of that was the coaches just not getting fancy with the ball in the second half.
    All the hype about USC's great RB was a farce. He had a couple nice runs, but for the most part was held to 1-2 yard rushes all night long. The defensive line of
    Ohio State won that game. Those guys are unreal. They lose a few of them to graduation and Sam Hubbard, only a junior but has now graduated early, will come out.
    But they are 10-11 men deep and they all regularly play. Bosa is back - that kid will make the memory of his brother's time at Ohio State seem distant.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, Dave...but you always go after a premier QB if possible. One that is yours, that you can mold in your system....That's another good thing about OSU for next year. That young QB that played earlier this year looks like he will be a great one. They should be loaded.
    Just a comment, watching Meyer on the sideline fretting like he was, wiping his head so much...reminded me of him just before he resigned at Florida. Don't think the situations are quite the same, and he is not going anywhere,...but, did remind me of what happened with him earlier.
    He ONLY makes over six million a year, and I'm sure he will get a raise after this season, looking forward to next year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dwayne Haskins is the QB you are talking about. He performed very well when tossed into action against Michigan. But before he was moved to #2 on the depth chart, a
    kid named Joe Burrow was impressing everyone. He got hurt in fall practice and lost his back-up job. Now they are raving about a red shirt freshman named Tate Martell.
    They'll be loaded at QB for sure.
    Urban is a perfectionist. Almost caused him to have a nervous breakdown at Florida. The season's over now so he can rest for a couple of weeks.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast