Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Lebron James

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Lebron James

Dave, just wondered... how did you like Lebron's shoes he wore the other night?

Post Thanks / Like
    Didn't see them. Don't watch basketball much until the finals. He's starting to mouth off about politics. He needs to STFU and do what he's hired to do - play basketball.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with that....He had EQUALITY printed on the back of both of his shoes....I don't watch the NBA, either...and very, very little of NFL, with all of their crap.

4. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Black Shoes with Yellow writing. He wants Equality between Blacks and Asians?.......

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nike-lebron-15-equality-pe.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	47.8 KB 
ID:	7312
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

6. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another rich black that can't articulate what he wants. If he wants respect then he needs to behave in a manor that will give him respect.

8. Thanks CenTexDave thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    There was a story in Sports Illustrated recently, in which someone stated that athletes SHOULD be able to speak their minds on today's social and political issues, because those issues involve ALL of us, and expecting them to sit quietly and "play ball" is disingenous to the athlete.

Don't like it? Don't watch it. Period.
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

Post Thanks / Like
    Let's look at the history.
    He's drafted by Cleveland and is the first coming.
    Then he jumps ship and goes to Flordia and is seen as evil and a money grabber.
    Then he returns to Cleveland and all is forgiven.
    Now he jumps ship again and goes to the Lakers. I guess he wasn't getting enough money and wanted to surround himself with better players to win another championship. I guess his loyalty is not with Cleveland or his fans but with his so called legacy.
    Too dang funny.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

11. Thanks CenTexDave thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Owl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let's look at the history.
    He's drafted by Cleveland and is the first coming.
    Then he jumps ship and goes to Flordia and is seen as evil and a money grabber.
    Then he returns to Cleveland and all is forgiven.
    Now he jumps ship again and goes to the Lakers. I guess he wasn't getting enough money and wanted to surround himself with better players to win another championship. I guess his loyalty is not with Cleveland or his fans but with his so called legacy.
    Too dang funny.
    Owl the nba has a salary cap and is extremely static regarding stars and superstars. Star players actually lose money when they leave their team (bird rights). Lebron took a significant pay cut to play for heat. He’s taking a pay cut again to go to LA, because he can’t sign a max 5 year deal in LA, I believe that last year is 30-35 million. If you’ve ever been to LA and Ohio it’s not hard to see where’d you’d like to begin transitioning to the last phase of your career into your next career. Not to mention in the 10 years he was in Cleveland he couldn’t get one elite player in his prime to come there, this is typical with smal market teams. I’m sure he’s assuming he can get more top level talent to come to LA. we shall see.

13. LOL Night Owl LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by onetime View Post
    Owl the nba has a salary cap and is extremely static regarding stars and superstars. Star players actually lose money when they leave their team (bird rights). Lebron took a significant pay cut to play for heat. He’s taking a pay cut again to go to LA, because he can’t sign a max 5 year deal in LA, I believe that last year is 30-35 million. If you’ve ever been to LA and Ohio it’s not hard to see where’d you’d like to begin transitioning to the last phase of your career into your next career. Not to mention in the 10 years he was in Cleveland he couldn’t get one elite player in his prime to come there, this is typical with smal market teams. I’m sure he’s assuming he can get more top level talent to come to LA. we shall see.
    Sure you believe what you posted, I don't. But I also could care less what any basketball player does since it really isn't basketball they claim to play. Paying anyone over a million a year to play a game is stupid and it doesn't matter the game.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

15. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Owl View Post
    Sure you believe what you posted, I don't. But I also could care less what any basketball player does since it really isn't basketball they claim to play. Paying anyone over a million a year to play a game is stupid and it doesn't matter the game.
    Thank you for your support ghost of Karl Marx I will let the proletariat know what your present thoughts are.

17. LOL Night Owl LOL'd at this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast