Thread: Dear Snowflake

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Snowflake

Does my calling you as a snowflake damage your self-esteem? If so, it’s because you have been coddled your whole lives, and at the first sign of criticism, you run to your "safe spaces.” You’re a spoiled brat who has not learned about the real world. Yes, my precious snowflake, there are people who disagree with you, who don't like being called "deplorables", Nazis, racists or a thousand other epithets. You call me names, but can't handle it when I tag you with a name. Poor snowflake. Would you rather I call you a fool?

Wake up, snowflake! There are many different opinions and beliefs. Learn how to promote your opinions in a rational manner, instead of name-calling. When you start being rational, and civil, you won't be a snowflake any more. No one will take you seriously as long as you act like a spoiled brat.

In real life, you don't get "participation trophies". Hiding in your "safe space" is just that; hiding. Some people will like you, and some won't. Some people will agree with you, and some won't. That’s life. It is up to you to be the kind of person people will like and respect. It is up to you to give rational arguments to back up your opinions if you want others to agree with you. Shouting the same tired phrases, repeatedly, is not a rational argument. Do you really expect people to take you seriously when you are "triggered" at the slightest provocation? Are you that unacquainted with the world?

If you stop calling me a Nazi, or a racist, I'll stop calling you a snowflake, because I'll see that you have begun to grow up. Then we can have a rational discussion. I may not agree with you, or you with me, but we can agree to disagree, without animosity.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

2. Thanks txswimmer, just2cents thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lud, I have to agree 100%!

Call me anything you want, as far as I am concerned. I usually try to avoid epithets directed at people on the forum, no matter how much I disagree. But, I couldn't care less what names I get called. We should try to be civil, but, hey, if I make a bone headed argumen, I might just deserve a name or two - so be it. Conservatives are not Nazis, Liberals are not Communists. Now, I have heard the name "libtard" thrown around a lot, and I love it. Is there a "contard" that is being thrown around? That is kinda funny, too. And "Snowflake" can be applied to all of the political spectrum.

Great post!

4. Thanks gnatsum thanked this post
    Likes gnatsum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just don't call me late to dinner.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

6. Likes Mestral liked this post
    LOL Mestral, txswimmer LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by txswimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ... Now, I have heard the name "libtard" thrown around a lot, and I love it. Is there a "contard" that is being thrown around? ..
    While Libtard makes sense, like as cold as ice,
    Contard would make no sense. Like as cold as fire.
    I don't mind being called far right.
    I have been right so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mestral, I think that you misconstrue the meaning of "libtard".
    swimmer, "contard" was a term used to describe conservatives under Bush, I think.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sickofpc View Post
    Mestral, I think that you misconstrue the meaning of "libtard".
    swimmer, "contard" was a term used to describe conservatives under Bush, I think.
    Well, I guess we conservatives are incapable of original thinking... Than goodness.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

10. Likes Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would think a “contard” to be someone who accepts or promotes a “conservative” talking point without any critical evaluation. Not all “conservative “ ideas make sense, like Republicans spending like drunken sailors. Nothing conservative about that, yet I suppose a “contard” would accept it, just because an “R” is involved. That’s about how clear I am on what I would call a contard. I don’t think the term has been used, I was thinking out loud, which is always dangerous.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mestral View Post
    Like as cold as fire.
    reminds me of that piece of dry ice I picked up the other day to throw in the back yard......burnt like hell!....
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

13. Likes Mestral liked this post
    LOL Mestral, CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by txswimmer View Post
    I would think a “contard” to be someone who accepts or promotes a “conservative” talking point without any critical evaluation. Not all “conservative “ ideas make sense, like Republicans spending like drunken sailors. Nothing conservative about that, yet I suppose a “contard” would accept it, just because an “R” is involved. That’s about how clear I am on what I would call a contard. I don’t think the term has been used, I was thinking out loud, which is always dangerous.
    You are not clear at all, since we have been pointing out, for years, that there
    is no correlation between (R) and conservatism. There is, however, an inverse
    correlation between (D) and conservatism, with virtually no conservatism found
    anywhere near the (D).
    I don't mind being called far right.
    I have been right so far.

15. Thanks sojourner truth thanked this post