Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Temple High School

Post Thanks / Like

Temple High School

Looks like Temple will be a 6A school once again next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by xzochye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looks like Temple will be a 6A school once again next year.

So does that mean they get a multimillion-dollar scoreboard?
    The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook.

3. LOL Night Owl, Dagobert II, Rick, CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Same with Waco and Bryan.
    Be interesting to see what our new district looks like when announced on Feb 1.
    I imagine we will have: Cove, Shoemaker, Killeen, Ellison, Heights, Belton, Temple and Waco, just like the "old days".
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

5. Likes sickofpc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You left Midway from our current district out. Where do they fit in the mix? I can't see them creating a 9 team 6A district. One possible solution would be moving Midway out of our district, assigning them, Waco and Bryan to a district to our east. That would leave us with a 7 team district: Cove, Killeen, Ellison, Shoemaker, Heights, Belton and Temple. We'll just have to wait till February to see what the UIL decides.
    "Any Society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

"My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman

Post Thanks / Like
    I forgot about Midway. Thanks for reminding me.
    UIL doesn't like 7 team districts either, although we're in one now.
    Add San Angelo Central? Hope not, and I'm sure Central would rather remain where they are. Likewise, we don't need any of the Leander/Austin area schools.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    No matter what our district alignment is, let's just be happy we don't have the distances between schools that most of the West Texas schools have.

9. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Temple High School

Might just be good with the Killeen ISD schools, Temple Belton & Cove, but I see them adding another to make it 8 now that there’s enough 6A schools in the area. Whereas before they couldn’t do that if they wanted to. I’ve heard Pflugerville Hendrickson is a possible school they’ll add from the Austin area should they dip into those schools down there.

Last edited by stevendub; December 9th, 2017 at 3:46 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't forget the Leander, Round Rock, and Georgetown ISDs. When Ellison first joined the old 14-5A in fall '78, both G-town and RR were part of the district, along with three Waco schools (Waco University Waco Richfield, and Waco). RR and G-town dropped to a new district by '80, and Waco dropped when that ISD realigned its districts to three high schools (including Midway), but the 5A enrollment numbers were too high for Waco to have even one 5A.
    Last edited by gnatsum; December 13th, 2017 at 5:54 PM. Reason: spelling
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

Post Thanks / Like
    With the UIL, sometimes you just never know what's going to happen.

13. Thanks CenTexDave thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    With an additional HS in Killeen it might drop all schools here to 5A. With the talent in this area they might want to get to 3A to be competitive.

If we are talking about robberies and killings this area, especially Killeen, would be in competition with NFL teams.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

15. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast