Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Area Schools Still Alive

Post Thanks / Like
    6 classes, div 1 and div 2. The only thing I didn't look up was class A, 6 man football. If they have only one division then it are only 10 schools that did as well as Midway.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Two divisions for Six Man also.
    Although the final score doesn't reflect this game accurately, Midway deserves a lot of credit. They were down 27-7 at the half, 44-7 in the 3d and made a big
    comeback to close it to 44-28. They then tried an onsides kick which blew up and Midway grabbed it and took it for a TD. Final score was 51-35. Obviously it
    is apparent they learned how to start scoring quickly in the second half. If Cy-Fair hadn't scored on that onsides kick and Midway gotten the ball and scored
    this could have turned out differently. Instead of 51-28 at that point, it could have been 44-35, I assume they would have tried for 2, and then they did
    score again so it is possible it could have ended in a tie and then OT.
    Last edited by CenTexDave; December 24th, 2017 at 6:12 AM.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't know about your math, but know what you're saying. Good year, Midway.
    There were 12 championship games at Jerry's world. I give Midway a lot of credit for not quitting. They picked a heck of a night to lay an egg. Especially with all those turn overs. Sad that Lake Travis kid reblew out his knee on the first play. I hope he heals before he gets to OSU.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

4. Likes CenTexDave, sickofpc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, I wasn't aware he got hurt. I know he was injured in the semis, but he had it treated and had been practicing all week. Lake Travis might have won if he had been in there.
    I know he is graduating from HS early and plans to enroll at OSU for the spring semester.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    He actually got hurt last week, wasn't 100 percent. The first play of the game, he planted the leg, knee buckled and he dropped the ball as he was in terrible pain. Allen picked it up 7-0. The coach from Cy Fair was very animated, so much so in fact you couldn't keep a camera on him very long, cussed like a sailor. Good year though, Hewitt Midway, Waco Midway or Midway, all three of them....
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

7. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    He probably shouldn't have even played. Even so, they only lost by 2.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, all three games were good yesterday as well as Friday. I really enjoyed watching the kids. College Station's football program being as new as it is, nice to see them win and i guess as people move out of the city or move to newer suburbs as they get here, places like Midway will continue to thrive. People talk about this area growing, more and more Soldiers that move here are electing to leave their fa,ilies in better places, do 18 monhts here and either get back home via deployment or a short tour. This is especailly true in the field grade ranks and senior NCO's.
    John Daly

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gnatsum View Post
    The Championship games will be played at JerryWorld in Arlington.
    Haven't seen Lake Travis' home field, but Allen's players will think they're playing a home game!
    I went to Lake Travis several years ago when they were in the same district as Killeen High. Heck of a campus they have.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kantwin View Post
    I went to Lake Travis several years ago when they were in the same district as Killeen High. Heck of a campus they have.
    The Lake Travis crowd looked rather upscale. The players though got pretty classless at the end when Allen was taking the victory formation and they decided to start some crap. I really thought that was pretty childish. Hope the kids were'nt so distraught they get PTSD or something.
    Last edited by fchafey; December 24th, 2017 at 10:49 AM.
    John Daly

12. Likes Night Owl liked this post
    LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fchafey View Post
    The Lake Travis crowd looked rather upscale. The players though got pretty classless at the end when Allen was taking the victory formation and they decided to start some crap. I really thought that was pretty childish. Hope the kids were'nt so distraught they get PTSD or something.
    Upscale is one way of putting it.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast