Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Roofing Companies

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,668
    Post Thanks / Like

    Roofing Companies

    It's time for me to bite the bullet and get a new roof. Any company recommendations?

    Also, any advice on dealing with my homeowners insurance? I have zero experience or knowledge in this area.
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

    BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Hymesa Estates, Killeen
    Posts
    29,729
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by xzochye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's time for me to bite the bullet and get a new roof. Any company recommendations?

    Also, any advice on dealing with my homeowners insurance? I have zero experience or knowledge in this area.
    Purser Construction.......best in the county.....

  3. LOL CenTexDave, ithoughtso, madasheck LOL'd at this post
  4. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    White Rock Estates
    Posts
    6,706
    Post Thanks / Like
    Martinez Roofing. Ask for 35 year shingles. Actually I recommend a metal roof. You probably will have to pay the difference between the insurance company giving you shingles. I wished I would have got a meat roof. Good luck. Oh and after they are done please ensure you check for roofing nails that will wash down the gutter and are laying in the yard. Some do a better job than others picking up after themselves. Those nails hurt and you will drop your beer should you step on one......



    "I hit the ball as hard as I can. If I can find it, I hit it again" John Daly

  5. Likes CenTexDave, Ricky liked this post
    LOL Ricky LOL'd at this post
  6. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Cove
    Posts
    37,347
    Post Thanks / Like
    A&M Roofing out of Kempner replaced my entire roof 5 years ago, along with some other minor repairs, and did a great job.
    Get 3 estimates before you even call your insurance company. When the adjuster comes you'll have a bit of ammo then. When the adjuster submits his report of damage
    the insurance company will low ball you.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,668
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A&M Roofing out of Kempner replaced my entire roof 5 years ago, along with some other minor repairs, and did a great job.
    Get 3 estimates before you even call your insurance company. When the adjuster comes you'll have a bit of ammo then. When the adjuster submits his report of damage
    the insurance company will low ball you.
    What exactly does the adjuster look for? Currently I only have 3 or 4 tabs missing, 1 from a storm over Christmas and 2 from today. However, I have had several replaced prior and a lot of the shingles are cupping.
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

    BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency



  8. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Cove
    Posts
    37,347
    Post Thanks / Like
    Might not even be worth calling your insurance company about. Get those 3 estimates first. Then do the math - what they think it would cost less your deductible.
    But with the shingles "cupping" as you say, probably time for a new one.
    Better yet - if not leaking - wait until the next hail storm then call the insurance company.
    Last edited by CenTexDave; January 19th, 2019 at 3:40 PM.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,668
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Might not even be worth calling your insurance company about. Get those 3 estimates first. Then do the math - what they think it would cost less your deductible.
    But with the shingles "cupping" as you say, probably time for a new one.
    Better yet - if not leaking - wait until the next hail storm then call the insurance company.
    I know it is time for a new one since this is the original roof and the house was built in '02. When I had a few shingles replaced 2 years ago the guy glued a couple more and told me it was time to start thinking about replacing it. He is just a handy man, not a roofer, so I know he wasn't trying to just get more money out of me.
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

    BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency



  10. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
  11. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,901
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fchafey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Martinez Roofing. Ask for 35 year shingles. Actually I recommend a metal roof. You probably will have to pay the difference between the insurance company giving you shingles. I wished I would have got a meat roof. Good luck. Oh and after they are done please ensure you check for roofing nails that will wash down the gutter and are laying in the yard. Some do a better job than others picking up after themselves. Those nails hurt and you will drop your beer should you step on one......

    He said meat roof
    Last edited by Ricky; January 19th, 2019 at 4:00 PM.
    The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook.

  12. LOL kantwin, xzochye, just2cents LOL'd at this post
  13. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,901
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fchafey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Martinez Roofing. Ask for 35 year shingles. Actually I recommend a metal roof. You probably will have to pay the difference between the insurance company giving you shingles. I wished I would have got a meat roof. Good luck. Oh and after they are done please ensure you check for roofing nails that will wash down the gutter and are laying in the yard. Some do a better job than others picking up after themselves. Those nails hurt and you will drop your beer should you step on one......
    I went with gingerbread and Gumdrop Seamless Gutters... chicks diggit.. giggity giggity goo.
    The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook.

  14. LOL Night Owl LOL'd at this post
  15. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    UCLA / Unknown Corner of Lower Alabama
    Posts
    7,706
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fchafey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Those nails hurt and you will drop your beer should you step on one......
    Spilled beer = the adult equivalent of losing a balloon.

  16. LOL Ricky, Johnny Frederick, fchafey LOL'd at this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •