Thread: Mobility Scooter Lift "C-Arm"

Post Thanks / Like

Mobility Scooter Lift "C-Arm"

I recently found a used electric scooter lift, a Bruno VSL-670, used to lift and swing an electric scooter into the back of a van. The issue I'm having is the part that would connect to the scooter to lift it. The one I have has the seatbelt buckle type connectors that connect to an electric wheelchair style device, while my moms' scooter is the 4-wheel style with the T-handlebars, which apparently use a C-Arm connection to connect to and lift the scooter with the seat attached.

The Bruno I have looks like this;
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bruno.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	16.3 KB 
ID:	7250

I'm looking for a good C-Arm and can't find one at a decent price online. Apparently the model I have is an older one that has been discontinued, so locating accessories and parts is nearly impossible.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions on where to find the C-arm attachment, and ideally the seat post mounting adapter?

Edit 1 - The corded remote controller has bad switches and only will go Out and Down but not In and Up. I troubleshot the controller and located replacement rocker switches (~$1 vs. the $200+ some online dealers wanted for an entire replacement controller). I'll post when I get them and let y'all know if it did the trick ;-)
    Last edited by skindog; November 16th, 2017 at 8:24 PM.
    Common sense is not as common as you'd think...

2. Likes Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Found used C-Arms up in Temple, Don's Medical Supply.

I ordered replacement switches from Amazon and they work, but aren't momentary (return to the middle/Off position when the button is released).

Now the fun part; Getting it to my mom and installing it!! LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Is there a Radio Shack still in town there? They may have the momentary rocker switches.

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe there is one on Trimmier across from the HEB. If they're like any other store around here they'll want $10 a switch when they can be purchased online for about $1 (with free shipping from Amazon Prime). It's been on the back burner for now since I've got time before I need to take it to her and install it LOL!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by skindog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I believe there is one on Trimmier across from the HEB. If they're like any other store around here they'll want $10 a switch when they can be purchased online for about $1 (with free shipping from Amazon Prime). It's been on the back burner for now since I've got time before I need to take it to her and install it LOL!
    Nope, that one is closed too. I don't think that Radio Shack is in the retail store business anymore but they do maintain a web based store at present.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

7. Thanks CenTexDave thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thought they declared bankruptcy and closed.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.