Thread: The Voice

Post Thanks / Like

The Voice

Big Joe Lombardi - the Voice of Cove Bulldawg Football for the past 40 years: http://www.kxxv.com/story/36841111/t...football-games

If you never heard him announce a game you've missed a game broadcast filled with comedy. A true homer, but he tells it like it is.
    His morning show with James Harrison on the old KOOV, 103.1FM, in Cove was great. Had this clown called Lord James, a Brit, fly around in a Piper Cub describing local traffic conditions for morning commuters - "And looks like
    FM2657 around Oakalla is jammed up with two tractors". When he and Harrison announced the winner of "The Ugliest Dog in Cove" contest I was ROTFLMAO for an hour.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave, I had the pleasure of visiting with Joe a couple of times. He is a class act, and I really enjoyed talking with him. He seemed like the type of guy that was genuinely interested in you, and what you had to say...a really nice guy.

3. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dave, i have met both he and his wife Sherri. Great people. I was having lunch one day with my wife in Grandy's of all places and we heard his distinct voice sitting behind us, i couldn't resist, had to say hello and that we enjoyed his radio show. James Harrison used to have a trivia contest every day, he would usually give away food or his famous Heimy Schnitzer Ant Farm. Great radio indeed...
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

5. Likes CenTexDave liked this post