Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bi-District Round

Post Thanks / Like
    27-3, halftime
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    37-3, DeSoto, late 3rd. Duncanville destroying Ellison last I heard, 52-0, Midway up 40-11 and Belton also losing.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Midway 46, Grand Prairie 18
    Duncanville 62, Ellison 0
    DeSoto 44, Copperas Cove 10
    South Grand Prairie 37, Belton 34
    All final scores. Best of luck to Midway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Thanks fchafey thanked this post
    Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Our district is screwed until UIL realignment gets us out of this bi-district with the likes of Duncanville and DeSoto.
    I find it odd that we are District 8 while District 4 is Arlington area; Dist. 5 is Lewisville, Euless, SLC; Dist. 6 is Allen, Plano, McKinney; Dist. 7 is Duncanville, Irving area, DeSoto; Dist. 9 is Coppell, Dallas, Richardson; and Dist. 10 is Garland area.
    Reminds me when the UIL shifted our district into Region I so the Lady Dawgs' great basketball teams wouldn't face Georgetown until at least State Semis. Seems the Georgetown's coach was married to the head of the UIL.
    I also note that Cove has an enrollment of 2230. This is something like the 7th smallest school in all of 6-A.
    Last edited by CenTexDave; November 18th, 2017 at 9:20 AM.

6. Likes fchafey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I also note that Cove has an enrollment of 2230. This is something like the 7th smallest school in all of 6-A.
    That's one of the stats that I look up every year when Dave Campbell's Texas Football is published every year. Interesting to see which school is obviously going to be headed for the 'big school' playoff (Div. 1) and which ones won't be.
    Problem is that I don't remember that stat once the season gets under way...
    Also forgot who DCTF picked as this district's champ...
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

Post Thanks / Like
    As usual, they picked Midway. They did err, though - picked Cove to finish 5th.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2