Thread: Beautiful Country

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful Country

I hope that this video brings back good memories. It definitely ought to help all of us to come to appreciate our great country in spite of all the negative!
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

2. Thanks txswimmer, CenTexDave thanked this post
    Likes txswimmer, fchafey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was just reflecting on this after driving from Texas to Florida... One never realizes just how much land there is out there. And most of it rural countryside stuff that is simply...pastoral.

Other than having our GPS getting us lost in La... And taking us for a grand tour of the local graveyard, it was very beautiful. the weather was perfect too, unlike our last trip.

The only places I didn't care for too much were Baton Rouge and Mobile Ala.... I hate that tunnel in Mobile.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

4. Likes fchafey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I get a long delay traffic jam every time I go through Baton Rouge.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah... We left at about morning rush hour time and just getting into the lane we wanted was scary.... I never realized how crowded Baton Rouge can get.

By the time we got to Pensacola, we had calmed down again... Just to get stuck in, of all places, tiny Defuniak Springs Fla... Where they have decided to start building all sorts of tourist traps and redoing the highway 301 to the coast. Of course. It was a 40 MPH route heading south from there... I took over the driving because my wife insists on obeying all of the traffic warning signs....

It never ceases to amaze me how the highway patrol will give out tickets in a construction zone, but there isn't so much as a single construction worker in the area.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah... We left at about morning rush hour time and just getting into the lane we wanted was scary.... I never realized how crowded Baton Rouge can get.

By the time we got to Pensacola, we had calmed down again... Just to get stuck in, of all places, tiny Defuniak Springs Fla... Where they have decided to start building all sorts of tourist traps and redoing the highway 301 to the coast. Of course. It was a 40 MPH route heading south from there... I took over the driving because my wife insists on obeying all of the traffic warning signs....

It never ceases to amaze me how the highway patrol will give out tickets in a construction zone, but there isn't so much as a single construction worker in the area.
    hmm, how much was it?
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

Post Thanks / Like
    My son drove to Miami Beach last spring break and then Gainesville for the game a few weeks ago and he actually loves the drive. He said some areas are very pretty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    hmm, how much was it?
    My GPS has a camera and radar detector in it... which I was unaware of until it told me that there were stoplight cameras in some small town in Texas.

But. no, I didn't get popped... Seems the Fla. highway patrol is not quite as... ever present.. as we are used to in Texas.

Now La. was a different story. They were giving out tickets on I10 like candy....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by xzochye View Post
    My son drove to Miami Beach last spring break and then Gainesville for the game a few weeks ago and he actually loves the drive. He said some areas are very pretty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    and he's right......it's a great drive.....especially if you like timber and kudzu....but there are, indeed, some bad spots that i'd just as soon go around which is why i now drive up to tyler and then drop on in when i have reason to go to georgia or on down to epcot.....mac
    Last edited by mac; November 2nd, 2017 at 10:56 PM.
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.