Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 1st time home buyer - help!

Post Thanks / Like
    I will absolutely not accept adjustable APR.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    When I was in Killeen, we were selling our house on the northeast side, and moving to the southeast side of Killeen.
    We used our VA guarantee on the house on the northeast side, and we had to sell that one, and a few days later, the VA released it so we could use it on the house on the southeast side.
    The inspector that the buyer had for the house we were selling was a royal pain in the butt for us as the seller, found a few things that the buyer wanted us to fix. Lots of little nit-pick stuff. So, we hired him to inspect the house we were buying. Turned out to be a good thing for us.

3. Thanks sojourner truth thanked this post
    Likes fchafey, Shotgun Jeremy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I stopped by the house again this afternoon and had a nice chat with the Deputy. Real cool guy - I'm already looking forward to having him as a neighbor. Here's that pipe I mentioned. The angle its coming out of the ground already seems weird to me, but I'll wait and see what the inspector and HVAC Technician say. As long as that angle checks out ok, that's an easy fix with the elbow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like a Goodman AC unit. A weed eater probably did away with the return line insulation. If you can push down the pipe coming from the house a little and it drains, and its relatively clear, once fixed you should be fine. The pipe looks like it once ran against the side of the unit and once broke was stuck under the bottom lip so it wouldn't get lost. You should be fine. You are mechanically talented to fix that kind of stuff.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

6. Thanks Shotgun Jeremy thanked this post
    Likes sojourner truth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fchafey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looks like a Goodman AC unit. A weed eater probably did away with the return line insulation. If you can push down the pipe coming from the house a little and it drains, and its relatively clear, once fixed you should be fine. The pipe looks like it once ran against the side of the unit and once broke was stuck under the bottom lip so it wouldn't get lost. You should be fine. You are mechanically talented to fix that kind of stuff.
    and as long as the 'spout' is lower than your unit, it don't really matter......just flush it out once a year with a little clorox....mac
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

8. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm thinking that HVAC tech should re-foam the lines. Then I may be able to dig down a few inches and re-set that PVC where it needs to be. I'm not sure how to run bleach through it though. I'm only about 10% knowledgeable when it comes to HVAC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun Jeremy View Post
    I'm thinking that HVAC tech should re-foam the lines. Then I may be able to dig down a few inches and re-set that PVC where it needs to be. I'm not sure how to run bleach through it though. I'm only about 10% knowledgeable when it comes to HVAC.

I’m fairly mechanically inclined, and HVAC is like Mandarin to me.
    But, you put the Clorox in at the air handler

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep. Should be a valve there. If not an HVAC tech can install one easily. Pour a cup of bleach down it every time you change the filter in the summer.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    Yep. Should be a valve there. If not an HVAC tech can install one easily. Pour a cup of bleach down it every time you change the filter in the summer.
    Mine has a simple T fitting, rather than a valve, adjacent to the inside unit.
    I don't mind being called far right.
    I have been right so far.

13. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun Jeremy View Post

Your air handler unit is in a hallway closet, probably. No need to dig, it is above the drain which actually runs through your foundation.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

15. Thanks Shotgun Jeremy thanked this post
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast