Thread: Fredericksburg, Texas

Post Thanks / Like

Fredericksburg, Texas

Took the wife to Fredericksburg this weekend. I hadn't been there since 2007 for a GTOfest and went through there on my way to the Three Twisted Sisters in 2011 before I deployed. That place has really grown. The number of Vineyards on 290 between Hye and Fredericksburg are crazy. All we had expected to do was eat some German food, have fun at the wine fest and chill out some. we went on a wine tasting tour and by 5pm Saturday we were plastered. All kinds of wine and the Grape Arbors seen on either side of the road reminds me of Napa almost. It wasn't like that in 2011. Prices are not too bad, but that town has always been touristy upscale. The Holstein Schnitzel and Jaeger schnitzel is still very good at the Fredericksburg Brewery and Old German Bakery. Very nice weekend with no computers and the phone thrown in the wife's purse....
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fchafey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Took the wife to Fredericksburg this weekend. I hadn't been there since 2007 for a GTOfest and went through there on my way to the Three Twisted Sisters in 2011 before I deployed. That place has really grown. The number of Vineyards on 290 between Hye and Fredericksburg are crazy. All we had expected to do was eat some German food, have fun at the wine fest and chill out some. we went on a wine tasting tour and by 5pm Saturday we were plastered. All kinds of wine and the Grape Arbors seen on either side of the road reminds me of Napa almost. It wasn't like that in 2011. Prices are not too bad, but that town has always been touristy upscale. The Holstein Schnitzel and Jaeger schnitzel is still very good at the Fredericksburg Brewery and Old German Bakery. Very nice weekend with no computers and the phone thrown in the wife's purse....
    i almost wish I hadn't read this....it's been decades since I was at the fredericksburg brewery. they used to have eisbein there, (ham hocks) do they still have them or do you know?.......you're right about the schnitzels.....mac
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fchafey View Post
    Did you go by Street Dreams? If so is the black 40 Ford Deluxe still there?
    Last edited by Ricky; October 29th, 2017 at 5:51 PM.
    The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    i almost wish I hadn't read this....it's been decades since I was at the fredericksburg brewery. they used to have eisbein there, (ham hocks) do they still have them or do you know?.......you're right about the schnitzels.....mac
    Here is their current menu. You probably could ask for Eisbein. The wife often asks for one off stuff at Spanish places, so you being married to a Frauline should get you an in....

http://www.yourbrewery.com/menu.pdf
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Schweinhaxe... Best ham hocks I ever ate, and I am not a hocks fan.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

6. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    Schweinhaxe... Best ham hocks I ever ate, and I am not a hocks fan.
    Aren't they in Chicago and Boston?

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

8. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post