Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Moore wins?.....Seriously?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    'ppreciate it. learnt something today......now i can go take a nap.....mac
    Sweet dreams ...
    The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook.

Post Thanks / Like
    Venire has two definitions:
    1. A writ issued by a judge to a sheriff directing the summons of prospective jurors. Also called venire facias.
    2. The panel of prospective jurors from which a jury is selected.
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

3. Thanks just2cents, Ricky, Mestral thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Venire has two definitions:
    1. A writ issued by a judge to a sheriff directing the summons of prospective jurors. Also called venire facias.
    2. The panel of prospective jurors from which a jury is selected.
    i didn't know 'bout #2. i think, if pressed, i would call that a pool......mac

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    i didn't know 'bout #2. I think, if pressed, I would call that a pool......mac
    definitions: I don't make them up. I only report them. I sure as heck am not going to defend them. For all I know "venire" is Latin for "pool."
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

Post Thanks / Like
    The "venire" is, in Texas, the pool of potential jurors. Depending on the type of case, it may be as few as 12 (for municipla court cases), or, in capital cases, it is usually between 300 and 600 summoned.

Funny, venire is not specifically defined, though it is decribed, in the Code of Criminal Procedure (Chapters 34 and 35)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Moore is coming out with more of Crfman's past, in his lawsuit for defamation of him.
    And, there is still zero evidence that he did anything wrong.

https://whnt.com/2018/10/09/roy-moor...pated-lawsuit/
    Moore accuser Leigh Corfman sued Moore for defamation and he's submitted a new counterclaim.

Corfman sued Moore in January, alleging he and his campaign defamed her - calling her a liar - over the sexual misconduct allegations that date back 40 years, to when Moore was 32 and Corfman was 14.

Moore soon filed a counter lawsuit and updated that claim late last week. Moore's new filing says that without Corfman`s comments to the Washington Post, his reputation would not have suffered so much damage that it affected the senate race outcome.
    And, Moore's new filing doesn't stop there.

It argues, "no evidence other than the self-serving testimony of Leigh Corfman exists to support her contention that she was sexually abused or pursued romantically by Mr. Moore when she was fourteen years of age."

The filing also argues that Corfman was a troubled teen, and that Moore can't be blamed "for the numerous poor life decisions and lapses in judgment made by Leigh Corfman over the span of her lifetime which includes multiple failed marriages, multiple bankruptcy filings, inability to maintain stable employment, and associations with known drug traffickers and criminals."
    I don't mind being called far right.
    I have been right so far.

8. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I believe that since this tactic worked against Moore, the left decided to use it against Kavanaugh and will use it against every conservative man in the future.

10. Thanks CenTexDave thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I believe that since this tactic worked against Moore, the left decided to use it against Kavanaugh and will use it against every conservative man in the future.
    They should - it will ensure their defeat in all future elections. Those Bozos have no idea how they shoot themselves in the foot.

12. Thanks sojourner truth thanked this post
    Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seems to fall into the typical Liberal Leftist Feminist mindset--ANY sexual contact INITIATED by the MALE...IS rape. Period.

Seen that 'theme' played out in a couple of science fiction stories years ago (traditional American government fails, replaced by a ultra-feminist cabal that replaced the U.S. Constitution with a new document...written by women).
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

14. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gnatsum View Post
    Seems to fall into the typical Liberal Leftist Feminist mindset--ANY sexual contact INITIATED by the MALE...IS rape. Period.

Seen that 'theme' played out in a couple of science fiction stories years ago (traditional American government fails, replaced by a ultra-feminist cabal that replaced the U.S. Constitution with a new document...written by women).
    remove American and U.S. and move situation to Sweden,

Allow the government to run, unbounded, in a Leftist/Feminist direction
    suppress any news that shows it isn't working, by pretending it is right wing
    hate speech and you have Sweden's current horror story,

History shows that wherever women are in charge for an extended time,
    without male governance to guide them, disaster is the natural outcome.
    I don't mind being called far right.
    I have been right so far.

16. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast