Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Week 3 Games

Post Thanks / Like

Week 3 Games

Thursday games(9/14):

Shoemaker (0-2) @ Round Rock Cedar Ridge (1-1)

Vandegrift (0-2) @ Killeen (0-2)

Friday games(9/15):

Ellison (1-1) @ Montgomery (0-1)

Belton (0-2) @ Round Rock Stony Point (2-0)

Waco (2-0) @ Harker Heights (2-0)

Waco Midway (2-0) @ 5A #3 Temple (2-0)

Copperas Cove (1-1) vs El Paso Franklin (1-1), Andrews, Texas 8:00 PM start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Midway at Temple should be good
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep Waco-Heights could be too. Might be a comeback year for Waco

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stevendub View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thursday games(9/14):

Shoemaker (0-2) @ Round Rock Cedar Ridge (1-1)

Vandegrift (0-2) @ Killeen (0-2)

Friday games(9/15):

Ellison (1-1) @ Montgomery (0-1)

Belton (0-2) @ Round Rock Stony Point (2-0)

Waco (2-0) @ Harker Heights (2-0)

Waco Midway (2-0) @ 5A #3 Temple (2-0)

Copperas Cove (1-1) vs El Paso Franklin (1-1), Andrews, Texas 8:00 PM start.

Cedar Ridge wins here, again with the Wolves just need to see improvement right now, they did cut down on the turnovers so that's good.

Vandegrift over the Roos..Killeen I hear has good talent this year they may just be doing what they did last year who knows.

Ellison bounces back & wins

Belton has a QB problem now according to their fans & sTp is rolling so Stony Point

Waco over Heights, both teams can run so whoever gets a lead first probably wins

What a game this is, this could be that DQ big game of the week on Fox Sports Southwest it's that good. Temple gets payback for last year this time. However if Midway wins this game I predict they go undefeated in the RS you've seen it here.

Cove wins out in West Texas, we'll see how travel affects them if it even does.

5. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    So Shoemaker and Killeen are both now 0-3. Like I stated previously, this district is a joke. It used to be one of the toughest in the state.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So Shoemaker and Killeen are both now 0-3. Like I stated previously, this district is a joke. It used to be one of the toughest in the state.
    Centex keep in mind that they are playing some of the best teams in the area.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think 4 high schools dilutes the talent pool. I don't have an answer on how to fix it, maybe build two more so the whole district can maybe go down to 3 or 4A. Eh, but what to I know...
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

9. Thanks CenTexDave thanked this post
    Likes Night Owl, ethelm liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That 5th HS, if they build it, would probably drop all of them to 5-A. Great, then can play in a district with Temple and Whacko and still get destroyed.
    I'm rapidly losing interest in HS football, which is a shame because I was a huge support of it and going to the Dawgs' games.

Post Thanks / Like
    I only followed it peripherally. The girls went to KHS and it was really neat to be here in 1990 when KHS won it all and even when Cove was wining, real nice for the area. I kind of gave up when "coin toss" rules and teams with 2 wins going to district, I mean WTF, that's nuts. I guess for people that went to KHS or Ellison and live here it is a different story. I am happy for UMHB right now, again, great for the area and for those that went to the school, it has got to be real nice, I can appreciate that.
    Last edited by fchafey; September 15th, 2017 at 1:35 PM.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

12. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    There you go - UMHB and college ball. The only NFL games I bother with anymore are the Cowboys, although did tune in for a few minutes last night to watch the Texans-Bengals (boring game).
    Ever since the district was realigned back around 2010 this district has not competed well. Before we were in Region II. In Region I now and most of our district's teams are one and done in the
    playoffs.
    Realignment back in 1998 also cost the district. Back then the Lady Dawgs were THE TEAM in Texas girls' HS basketball. During realignment the UIL had a member that insisted our district (can't remember if we
    were 13-5A or 14-5A at the time) be changed from Region II to Region I. The reason? This UIL member's wife was the girls' head coach at Georgetown and Cove had been knocking them out of the playoffs.

14. Likes fchafey liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast