Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Week 2 Games

Post Thanks / Like

Week 2 Games

Thursday game(9-7):

Round Rock McNeil (1-0) @ Harker Heights (1-0)

Friday games(9-8):

Ellison (1-0) @ Round Rock Stony Point (1-0)

Nuevo León (1-0) @ Copperas Cove (0-1)

Killeen (0-1) @ Waco (1-0)

Round Rock Cedar Ridge (1-0) @ Waco Midway (1-0)

Pflugerville Hendrickson (0-1) @ Belton (0-1)

​​​​​​​College Station (1-0) @ Shoemaker (0-1)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Guess I'll make a few guesses:
    McNeil over Heights
    Stony Point over Ellison, but not real sure about it
    Flip a coin - Cove sucks and the team from Mexico beat Shoemaker
    Killeen over Whacko
    Midway over RR Cedar Ridge
    Belton over P-ville Hendrickson
    College Station over Shoemaker
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Guess I'll make a few guesses:
    McNeil over Heights
    Stony Point over Ellison, but not real sure about it
    Flip a coin - Cove sucks and the team from Mexico beat Shoemaker
    Killeen over Whacko
    Midway over RR Cedar Ridge
    Belton over P-ville Hendrickson
    College Station over Shoemaker
    Stony point {Leander has been in a slump for about five years now and stony point put it on the Roos.
    Waco - 28-0 {to much overall team speed for my squad}
    Midway pick em game
    Hendrickson pick em game
    College station - Must win for the greywolves against a top five team in 5A. If they don’t win they need to keep it respectable within 3 scores.

Post Thanks / Like
    I watched the Shoemaker game on the KISD website..obviously the fumbleitis killed em in that game. Other than that & special teams struggling at times, silly me I actually liked what I saw. The two possessions the offense scored on were 10+ play drives, which showed they're capable of putting together good drives & finishing, which keeps the defense fresh obviously. That's an improvement over last year. They just gotta stop putting the defense in tough situations by turning the ball over deep in their own territory. Speaking of, the defense looks even better than last year, Nuevo León barely had over 100 yards of total offense.

Post Thanks / Like
    Then maybe Cove will beat them!!
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    That Mexican team is their national champions and also often plays students that are 19 and 20 years old. When they first started playing here they were a joke, but learned a lot by playing our teams.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stevendub View Post
    I watched the Shoemaker game on the KISD website..obviously the fumbleitis killed em in that game. Other than that & special teams struggling at times, silly me I actually liked what I saw. The two possessions the offense scored on were 10+ play drives, which showed they're capable of putting together good drives & finishing, which keeps the defense fresh obviously. That's an improvement over last year. They just gotta stop putting the defense in tough situations by turning the ball over deep in their own territory. Speaking of, the defense looks even better than last year, Nuevo León barely had over 100 yards of total offense.

Excellent points, I think the difference in the defense would be that the new guy brought in his own guys and was able to get them in for a spring practice. The defense was also super young with many of them having little playing experience. My friend had about ten practices with a new staff with fewer coaches, he’d tell you that they should have tried to work in spring practice but based on his circumstance I don’t see how he could. I was told that the seniors on this squad have more fortitude then last year as well. Either way it remains to be seen they will play a good team at home this week and we shall see just how quick the fan base, parents, and staff turn on him if they lose. I think he’s got until district play. He will have more support then my friend one way or another so he just needs to weather the storm of this year and schedule better the following year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by onetime View Post
    Excellent points, I think the difference in the defense would be that the new guy brought in his own guys and was able to get them in for a spring practice. The defense was also super young with many of them having little playing experience. My friend had about ten practices with a new staff with fewer coaches, he’d tell you that they should have tried to work in spring practice but based on his circumstance I don’t see how he could. I was told that the seniors on this squad have more fortitude then last year as well. Either way it remains to be seen they will play a good team at home this week and we shall see just how quick the fan base, parents, and staff turn on him if they lose. I think he’s got until district play. He will have more support then my friend one way or another so he just needs to weather the storm of this year and schedule better the following year.
    That's fair to give him until district..the Wolves have a brutal 3 game stretch no one thinks they're going to win anyway (College Station, Cedar Ridge, San Angelo Central) in fact it'd be hard for Midway to beat all 3, so improved play is the thing to look for. I see promise with this team if they cut down on TO's. They're gonna have to though because all due respect to Nuevo León but that's the slowest team they'll see all year. Liked what I saw from the QB this year too, he's definitely more athletic than the last one. Doesn't have quite as good of a throwing arm though

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    Then maybe Cove will beat them!!
    If they don't turn the ball over yeah they should. Certainly didn't sound like Cove did too well last week but A&M is a stellar team as they usually are so IDK. Like I said haven't heard much from Cove yet on how good they are.

Post Thanks / Like
    People said they did real good in their scrimmage against Abilene, but how good is Abilene? Doubt they are as good as the Abilene that won State a few years ago

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast