Thread: Cruise Lines

Post Thanks / Like

Cruise Lines

For those of you that have cruised before can you tell me which line/ship you were on? Your ports of call and any pros or cons of that line? I am looking to book a cruise to Cuba in the spring and I am trying to decide between Norwegian and Royal Caribbean. Each line has things I like and things I don't like.
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

Post Thanks / Like
    Royal Caribbean

Has earmarked 1,602-passenger Empress of the Seas for Cuba travel. She will be sailing out of Tampa. She offers four-, five- and seven-night sailings; Havana will be a one-day call, on Western and Eastern Caribbean itineraries. If you're a budget-conscious cruiser who does not have time for long cruises you will like this one. If you want a more leisurely look at Cuba, you will not be very satisfied.

Norwegian Cruise Line

The ship Norwegian Sun offers Cuba cruises with fares to include soda, juice and alcohol. Sails out of Miami and offers an overnight in Havana. If you're looking for a quick look at Cuba in a big-ship, with a party-hearty atmosphere you will like this one. If you are looking for an educational, in-depth trip to Cuba, you will find this one disappointing.

Carnival Cruise Line

You did not ask about this one but it is available. Carnival Paradise, a 2,052 passenger ship sailing out of Tampa is the largest vessel sailing into Cuba. She offers four- and five-night cruises. Some itineraries include an overnight stay in Havana, while others are just there for the day. If you are looking for a "Fun Ship" experience, sail Carnival. If you are hoping for a more scholarly bent when you visit Cuba, this will not be your cup of tea.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

Post Thanks / Like
    We don't want to do Carnival because their Cuba cruise is th-M. We are looking at M-F cruises so that we can have the weekend before to enjoy in Fl and the weekend after to come home and recoup....lol

All the lines offer overnight in Havannah, just different hours. We are more curious about the experiences others may have had with these particular lines/ships. We have only cruised Carnival before.
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

Post Thanks / Like
    Cuba? Why not North Korea?
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

5. LOL Rick LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by xzochye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We don't want to do Carnival because their Cuba cruise is th-M. We are looking at M-F cruises so that we can have the weekend before to enjoy in Fl and the weekend after to come home and recoup....lol

All the lines offer overnight in Havannah, just different hours. We are more curious about the experiences others may have had with these particular lines/ships. We have only cruised Carnival before.
    Very interesting, my wife typically doesn't like to be on the water, but we both want to go to Cuba. Me for Romeo& Julietta cigars and the wife for cuisine and Mojitos......didn't know there was a cruise to Cuba, thank you.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly