Thread: All Star Game

Post Thanks / Like

All Star Game

Was actually a real good game this year. AL wins 2-1 in 10 innings. The Tribe was well represented - Ramirez went 2 for 2 with a stolen base, Brantley 1-2, Lindor struck out twice but always smiling and made a couple good plays at SS and Miller got the save.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

2. Likes Rick, fchafey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Though I wanted the NL to win, it was a good game this year. Aaron Judge is a beast at 6'7"". Wonder if he is the shape of things to come.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

Post Thanks / Like
    This All Star game was the first one where the winners get paid, not home field advantage and a couple of sports writers have already bemoaned the fact the game was boring. I enjoyed it, love to see pitchers combine for 23 strike outs.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

Post Thanks / Like
    Pitching usually always takes over in the All-Star game, with a HR or 2 usually the deciding factor.
    I'm mixed on this home field advantage thing. The winning side was getting home field for the world series because MLB felt something had to be done to improve the All-Star Game. Players
    were becoming uninterested - play a couple of innings early and they'd hit the showers and leave, etc. Fans were getting ripped off, etc. So MLB's answer is to change it. History repeats itself.
    Cano selecting that Vette as MVP prize was cool.
    I watched Monday night's home run derby which was won by Aaron Judge. That dude sent a few out of the stratosphere. But last night against real pitching he looked bad. lol But he's still a youngster,
    as were many of those players last night. I'd say MLB has many young stars that will be around for another decade.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

6. Likes sojourner truth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Joe Torre and his infamous tie brought about trying to make the All Star game competitive. Players must have totally forgotten how competitive the All Star Game used to be. All one had to do was ask Ray Fosse. Same conundrum with all the other all star games and the biggest joke being the NFL Being an avid hockey fan I do feel sorry for the all star goalies, but I am in a tiny group I know.
    John Daly

8. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty much a pitchers duel with a few good HRs in there a few times. Pretty boring, but at least the AL won... again.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Some good defensive plays too