Thread: New Web Site

Post Thanks / Like

New Web Site

Announcing my new web site, arideinthesun.com or thecolezone.com. take a look and give me some feed back, suggestions please.

As of now, it features war story videos and never publisted Vietnam War pictures
    Last edited by Grumpy; June 4th, 2017 at 2:13 PM.
    Larry K. Cole
    U.S. Army Retired
    Real Estate Appraiser

Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD. Psalm 33:12

2. Likes Mestral, Shotgun Jeremy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ill check it out next time I'm on a computer.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have added to my web-site photos, videos, and blog articles. I would appricate some feed back.
    Larry K. Cole
    U.S. Army Retired
    Real Estate Appraiser

Post Thanks / Like
    On the landing page, the set of initials on top seems a bit much in my opinion. I think it would look nicer if you just kept with The Cole Zone raised up a space or two, and maybe one or two font sizes larger. That's my personal opinion though, and others may differ.

Again on the landing page, you've got three very nice, high clarity photos along with a nice video. That picture of the horseman seems to stick out. It's not nearly as clear as the other pictures, nor does it go with the theme. It looks fine on the home page though.

The rest of it seems well put together. I like the touch with the National Mounted Warefare Foundation. Functionally, everything seems to work correctly and it looks good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Announcing my new web site, arideinthesun.com or thecolezone.com. take a look and give me some feed back, suggestions please.

As of now, it features war story videos and never publisted Vietnam War pictures
    My technical nature forces me to critique the HTML construction more then the visual aesthetics.

Please don't think ill of me for the comments.

1) Change the text between the title tags to be the primary key-phrase you want google, yahoo and Bing to find in a search result.

2) http://arideinthesun.com/images/cz%20green.jpg (EXAMPLE) Refrain from using spaces in the file names of your graphic images. %20 causes technical problems and interferes with search engine ranking.

3) Avoid using the & in place of and when coding in HTML for many technical reasons.

The VIMEO video is nice and music is excellent.

When creating logos, create them as a portable network graphic .PNG file with a clear background.

This will allow for placement of a graphic without having to attempt to match the page background.

It is near impossible to make a text type logo with a color in the background match any hexadecimal equivalent
    in page construction and graphic construction.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by shawnricheson; June 7th, 2017 at 9:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the feed back.

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun Jeremy View Post
    On the landing page, the set of initials on top seems a bit much in my opinion. I think it would look nicer if you just kept with The Cole Zone raised up a space or two, and maybe one or two font sizes larger. That's my personal opinion though, and others may differ. I was advised by other professionals to come up with a logo thus the CZ.

Again on the landing page, you've got three very nice, high clarity photos along with a nice video. That picture of the horseman seems to stick out. It's not nearly as clear as the other pictures, nor does it go with the theme. It looks fine on the home page though. Those photos are a take off on the Mounted Warrior page that show the lineage of the mounted worrior: Horse Cavalry, Tanks, Mounted Infantry, and Air Cav.

The rest of it seems well put together. I like the touch with the National Mounted Warefare Foundation. Functionally, everything seems to work correctly and it looks good.
    Again, thanks for your help, interest, and time.
    Larry K. Cole
    U.S. Army Retired
    Real Estate Appraiser

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your comments. I'll take them into consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnricheson View Post
    My technical nature forces me to critique the HTML construction more then the visual aesthetics.

Please don't think ill of me for the comments.

1) Change the text between the title tags to be the primary key-phrase you want google, yahoo and Bing to find in a search result. Good point

2) http://arideinthesun.com/images/cz%20green.jpg (EXAMPLE) Refrain from using spaces in the file names of your graphic images. %20 causes technical problems and interferes with search engine ranking.

3) Avoid using the & in place of and when coding in HTML for many technical reasons.

The VIMEO video is nice and music is excellent.

When creating logos, create them as a portable network graphic .PNG file with a clear background.

This will allow for placement of a graphic without having to attempt to match the page background.

It is near impossible to make a text type logo with a color in the background match any hexadecimal equivalent
    in page construction and graphic construction.
    Larry K. Cole
    U.S. Army Retired
    Real Estate Appraiser

Post Thanks / Like
    Checked out your site.
    Think it's neat. Now a couple of comments:
    1. A few misspelled words here and there. No big deal.
    2. The opening page talks about RVN but you have pics of an M-1 tank, BFV and Apache attack helicopter.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    Thanks for your comments. I'll take them into consideration.
    Glad you have a clue what he said cause I don't.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

11. Likes just2cents liked this post
    LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post