Thread: I Mourn

Post Thanks / Like

I Mourn

I mourn

On this memorial Day weekend(2017):

I mourn for the 116,709 Americans who died in WW I for my liberty.

I mourn for the 131,028 Americans who died In WW II for my free speech rights.

I mourn for the 54,229 Americans who died to keep South Korea free.

I mourn for the 58,282 American servicemen who died in an effort to give the Vietnamese freedom and a democracy .

I mourn for those who have gone to Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia, and Yemen in an effort to let them live without fear and as they will.

I mourn because our congress appears to be more interested in what other nations think than what Americans think.

I mourn because our politicians have burden our people with debt in the interest of others.

I mourn because most of our leaders (both parties) place self-interest above the people´s rights and welfare.

I mourn because our leaders misrepresent facts to further their own self interest.

I mourn because our leaders will not come together to protect our bounders, culture, and the principles/values that made this nation great and our media who will not give us the true, unbias facts on any issue.

I mourn because our leaders put others ahead of its own citizens.

I mourn for our uncared for veterans who have fought for this Country and its Values.

I mourn for our people who will not recognize the dangers confronting our nation.

I mourn because, far the most part, I doubt the honesty of our bureaucrats. (regardless of party).

Mostly I mourn because our leaders will not listen to the will of the American people and are giving away our country to people that don’t hold our values. people.
    Larry K. Cole
    U.S. Army Retired
    Real Estate Appraiser

Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD. Psalm 33:12

2. Likes The321, Mestral, Mr. Lucky liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Larry...

And lest we forget, Memorial day is not just a military remembrance. That is Veterans day.

We mourn all those who have gone before us. In memory of those we mourn as well.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

4. Thanks Night Owl thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Memorial Day is a federal holiday in the United States for remembering the people who died while serving in the country's armed forces. The holiday is currently observed every year on the last Monday of May. It marks the unofficial start of the summer vacation season while Labor Day marks its unofficial end

6. Thanks just2cents thanked this post
    Likes Mestral, CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pioneer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Memorial Day is a federal holiday in the United States for remembering the people who died while serving in the country's armed forces. The holiday is currently observed every year on the last Monday of May. ...
    True. The problem is that since 1968 when Congress passed the Uniform Monday Holiday Act, which established Memorial Day as the last Monday in May in order to create a three-day weekend for federal employees and declared Memorial Day a federal holiday, the day has become just that, a holiday. It used to be called Decoration Day and was a day when people visited and decorated the graves of the fallen service members. Now it's just a long weekend. Heck, Harker Heights even chose to have their parade two days early, though I should be happy that they at least had one.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

8. Thanks CenTexDave thanked this post
    Likes sojourner truth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Larry's posting made it into the KDH's Letters to the Editor. Well done, Larry.
    http://kdhnews.com/opinion/letters/k...c213f39cc.html
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.