Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What's Up With Parents?

Post Thanks / Like
    Most kids today don't have parents... They have grandparents.

This is an alarming trend that I have noticed happening in the last 20 years or so. And it boils down a lot of times to kids who want to fornicate but not deal with the consequences. That and free daycare. My daughter, wisely, decided that there was an alternative... Have sex and not kids. There are ways.

She tells me that sex is the greatest thing in the world... when performed by a man and his lawfully wedded wife. I know... Luddite thinking. Although it has prevented a lot of problems in her life. The only downside is that we do not have grandkids... Or is that a real problem? She told me that kids are expensive, and would take a lot of time and effort that she would rather use to other ends.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

2. Likes Mestral, CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ... kids are expensive and would take a lot of time and effort that she would rather use to other ends.
    Yes, we are becoming a nation of self-seeking narcissists. There is nothing for which we will sacrifice. Abortion, along with cheap and readily available contraception, makes the world safe for fornication. Those who have no objection to fornication, are likely not to feel a passionate objection to abortion.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

4. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I am not much a fan of contraception since there are other means of preventing children. And I am definitely not for abortion. To me that is usually (usually) a method of post coital birth prevention.

What I am for is people who know they do not want to bear children and take the appropriate pre sexual precautions to make sure that does not face them. And I am grateful for all of those who decide having a child is well worth the effort.

The downside for me is not having a grandchild to spoil rotten... But then maybe that is a good thing as well.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

6. Likes CenTexDave, txswimmer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why not use the 'traditional' method of child naming that some Native American tribes use to this day--name the baby after something in sight, just after the child's birth, like 'Running Deer' or 'Speckled Horse'.
    One Dallas radio disc jocket once joked years ago, that if HE had an "Indian name", it would've been "Pees on Side of House"... (that one got him in trouble with station management...)
    Then there's the joke about Native Americans with names like "Fornicating Dog" and "Rusty Oldsmobile"...or "Broken Beer Bottle".
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

8. LOL Night Owl, fchafey LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Or "Dances with fat women". My favorite was "Runs with scissors"...

Or the old rumor about tribes being named by the chief after roaming to find a new land to call their own... It's how the Fugawe tribe got their name after the chief stumbled out of his Teepee and said "Where the Fugawe"...

10. LOL Ricky, Night Owl, fchafey, gnatsum, CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Parents who give their kids weird names are just making criminals out of the, like "Va Gina" (pronounced "Vah - Zhinay"). I kid you not. Or the twins Orangejello and Lemonjello (pronounced "Or-ON-je-lo and Le-MON-je - lo). I have a full list of the weird names somewhere. Like "Nylondraleishanette" - yes - she was in the system so often I memorized the spelling, and taught each new prosecutor and judge the spelling and pronunciation. Imagine - you are condemning your child to ridicule forever.

Post Thanks / Like
    Am reminded of the classic 'Key & Peele' bit about the 'East/West Collegiate Bowl' player intros...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gODZzSOelss

Discovered today they did a second one...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT1nGjGM2p8

And a THIRD, which is the 'East /West Pro Bowl'...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDp-ABzpRX8
    Last edited by gnatsum; December 6th, 2018 at 4:11 PM. Reason: wrong link
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

13. Likes Shotgun Jeremy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by txswimmer View Post
    Parents who give their kids weird names are just making criminals out of the, like "Va Gina" (pronounced "Vah - Zhinay"). I kid you not. Or the twins Orangejello and Lemonjello (pronounced "Or-ON-je-lo and Le-MON-je - lo). I have a full list of the weird names somewhere. Like "Nylondraleishanette" - yes - she was in the system so often I memorized the spelling, and taught each new prosecutor and judge the spelling and pronunciation. Imagine - you are condemning your child to ridicule forever.
    Three suspects are in custody and one has been charged in connection to the fatal shooting Monday of 21-year-old Marquis Demps in the 400 block of Root Avenue, according to Killeen police.
    On Thursday, 31-year-old Talitha Marie Anne Collins was arraigned by Justice of the Peace Bill Cooke on a murder charge. Late Thursday afternoon, police took Justice Brue-Miller, 21, and Derek Spragins, 28, into custody in connection to the shooting, police said.

Post Thanks / Like

That stinks....

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I used to have advice for expecting parents (until I learned most people are unteachable). Get a list of the 100 most popular names (easily found in little booklets), discard the top ten names, and choose a name from the next twenty, in the proper gender. Say it about 50 times in various contexts to make sure it isn't a land mine (like Rob Banks).
    I don't mind being called far right.
    I have been right so far.

17. Likes gnatsum liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast