Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: New NBA Champ This Year

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sickofpc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    onetime, ...lesser athletes? You mean like Thomas, West, Stockton, Johnson, Malone, Chamberlain, Jordan and many, many other players from then?...The NBA has been watered down, because of so many teams and so many games. It is all about scoring. That is why you have the selfish, prima donna players like Bryant and Anthony, among others.
    Nah I was talking college and women's basketball and we are all prima donnas.

2. LOL Night Owl LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by onetime View Post
    Unfair, you listed top 50 players of all time there and yes they would be able to adjust but 90 percent of the league wouldn't make it. I don't think Russel would fit today, the game has passed him by, he's 6'7 and weighed 215 in his prime and played center. That would be Kobe Bryant believe it or not. The NBA isn't competitive because the money is guaranteed, very high for average players and the season is way to long. Just because someone makes crisp bounce passes doesn't mean I want to watch lesser athletes doing it.
    Russell was 6'9". His game was never about scoring but more about defense, screening out the opposition, hitting an open player with a nice pass.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

4. Thanks sickofpc thanked this post
    Likes sickofpc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    Russell was 6'9". His game was never about scoring but more about defense, screening out the opposition, hitting an open player with a nice pass.
    Where does that translate to now? I don't think he was 6'9" have you seen him standing next to other NBA players?

Post Thanks / Like
    Where does that translate to now? I don't think he was 6'9" have you seen him standing next to other NBA players?
    It translate into a great player. I've seen lots of 7'ers that weren't worth a crap and that's still true today.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

7. Likes sickofpc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nah I was talking college and women's basketball and we are all prima donnas.
    Sure you were. How's that prima donna doing for you now? Not much it seems. It does seem you spent a lot of time on the sidelines when your time would have been better spent studying.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's what his bio says - 6'9". I thought he was 6'10". And no center ever has played defense like him.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

10. Likes sickofpc liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3