Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Roy Williams get 925,000 in bonuses for NCAA tournament

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by onetime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes they do at major 10 universities, but again in what business organization will you find your most important labor piece with a relatively low price ceiling? Also why is it ok to side with the free market in one scenario but not on the other? Universities are in place to operate as a business, if that wasn't the case they'd provide refunds to freshman that dropout after the 1st semester. They reduce the cost for prep classes. They give out refunds if the credits you earned at a CC didn't transfer.
    It is free market. They choose the school that offers them the most. Like someone said, they can always go someplace and pay for their education.

Why should the rooms that are provided for free be nicer than the ones that someone is paying for?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Do you like college football and basketball? Do you watch the national championship game? I don't think the system will succeed much longer in its current structure, people are smarter. Again I'm not talking playing ball at Huston tiltson, I'm talking North Carolina basketball where your on Tv two to three times a week, they sell jerseys and t-shirts with your number and so on and so on. You'd probably actually know some of the players on the court if they went to that system because non lottery players may stay more than a year. I'm not talking an NBA salary either.
    How much would they have to pay to be on TV two to three times a week?

The number and the jerseys with the school colors and logos don't belong to the players. They belong to the school and they should have to pay royalties for the right to wear them on TV two to three times a week.

3. Likes Night Owl, just2cents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You sure can tell when people were at no point highest in the food chain at anything :-| seems as if said people never get that these people receive these tiny perks because they are :-(

5. LOL Night Owl LOL'd at this post
    Saddened by sickofpc, just2cents is saddened by this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Despite the broken English, you just made our point for us.

They get these perks worth up to hundreds of thousands of dollars and you want them to get paid too?

7. Likes Night Owl, just2cents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where are you getting 100s of thousands of dollars from Rick? What public university costs 100s of thousands of dollars in state? I've got buddies that graduated from the Flagship with loans less than 120k I think you're making what is known as a hyperbolic statement. FAKE NEWS I truly love that phrase, I love alternative facts as well. Thanks president trump and the lovely Kelly Anne Conway.

9. Saddened by just2cents is saddened by this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Where are you getting 100s of thousands of dollars from Rick? What public university costs 100s of thousands of dollars in state? I've got buddies that graduated from the Flagship with loans less than 120k I think you're making what is known as a hyperbolic statement. FAKE NEWS I truly love that phrase, I love alternative facts as well. Thanks president trump and the lovely Kelly Anne Conway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Despite the broken English, you just made our point for us.

They get these perks worth up to hundreds of thousands of dollars and you want them to get paid too?

11. Likes sickofpc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh you meant "up to A hundred thousand dollars or more" GOOOOOOOTCHA. I hope this doesn't come off as snobby or elitest but 100k isn't really that much money these days. Just saying, you're making it out to be something grandiose. Seeing as you don't watch college basketball based on your remark I hope that universities attempt to make more money off college kids and all the sports networks then have to make a decision between college sports and NASCAR. We all know which will be dropped FAKE SPORT.

Post Thanks / Like
    onetime, ....$100,000 dollars isn't that much money these days?...Really?..How long would it take you to put that amount in the bank?...To me, that's a lot of money.... You must have been a really spoiled child, as most of us have suspected, I would imagine. ...I'm thinking you have champagne fantasies and a beer budget.
    Last edited by sickofpc; April 4th, 2017 at 4:47 PM.

14. Thanks Night Owl thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sickofpc View Post
    onetime, ....$100,000 dollars isn't that much money these days?...Really?..How long would it take you to put that amount in the bank?...To me, that's a lot of money.... You must have been a really spoiled child, which we most of us have suspected, I would imagine. ...I'm thinking you have champagne fantasies and a beer budget.
    Rick will tell you himself that it's really not that much money. Judging off the area he lives I'd bet Rick and his significant other (I'm guessing you're married Rick) rake in a really good living. When I say it's not a lot of money I'm speaking specifically to an investment on ones human capital. A 100k car is a lot, a 100k house isn't. Have some perspective to navigate around a topic sir.

Post Thanks / Like
    $100,000 is just that, and to me, that's quite a bit. Maybe to you or Donald Trump, it's not,..but to me, it is...and always will be...I'll ask you again, how long would it take you to put that much in your bank account?...and...You talking about perspective is very similar to Donald Duck barking. You have a very narrow scope of reference, if you haven't noticed.
    Last edited by sickofpc; April 4th, 2017 at 5:03 PM.

17. Likes Night Owl liked this post
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast